Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 AM   #1
Shoo
The Enchantress

Infinity Studio: Jurassic World: Dominion - Giganotosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Studio 开天工作室
"What is that?"
"Giganotosaurus. Biggest carnivore the world has ever seen."

Infinity Studio's first work from the JURASSIC WORLD series will reveal soon!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Studio 开天工作室
Jurassic World: Dominion - Giganotosaurus
Jurassic World Dominion is the epic conclusion to the Jurassic era as two generations unite for the first time. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are joined by Oscar-winner Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and Sam Neill in the third film of the Jurassic World franchise, a bold, timely, and breathtaking new adventure that spans the globe.
Official License & Professional Team
We are delighted to share with you our first work from the Jurassic World series, licensed by Universal Pictures. Our first product to launch is the extraordinary new face in Jurassic World: Dominion - Giganotosaurus,
The Giganotosaurus can be described as a gigantic beast of powerful strength, with a bite force that is second only to the Tyrannosaurus Rex. As part of its efforts to show the film's animal nature in the film and provide the viewer with an immersive and oppressive experience, Infinity Studio places great emphasis on design.
There is no easy way to depict the characteristics of extinct creatures. We analyzed the scales and forms of other dinosaurs in "Jurassic World" frames by frames, followed a trial-and-error process, repeated deliberation, and modification. Eventually, we were able to fully construct the scale details.
Other details include the dagger-like teeth, the serrations along both the edges and the back edge, the depth and shadow of the skin folds, etc., all of which were refined bit by bit based on both art and science.
Movie-level Design
The statue's overall design is exquisite and straight; its skeleton structure and surface texture outline are clearly visible; its forelimbs are short but powerful, and its exquisite signs of polishing reveal the power and animal nature of the Giganotosaurus.
The statue's head leans forward with a fierce expression. A predator's prey appears to be spotted by its green eyes. The way it exposes its tongue and sharp teeth imply aggressive determination. Upon a glance, a mighty carnivorous dinosaur stands out.
Through the design of the cracked base, the Giganotosaurus's strength is effectively shown.
Hyper-realistic Details
To intensify the visual sense of realism, the skin folds and wrinkles are processed piece by piece.
These teeth are dagger-shaped, with serrations on their edges. Each tooth in the mouth is sharply detailed.
Using 3D printing, the eye pupil structure of the eyes more closely resembles the original appearance of the movie.
The wall-mounted design of this statue allows it to be mounted, allowing it to be placed in almost any space. With its hollow design, the statue is not only lighter, but also better suited for long-term display.
This is only the beginning. Infinity Studio will present more Jurassic World artworks in the future!
-----------------
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Preorder Time: 2022/06/30 ? 2022/07/20
Limited Quantity: 499 Units
Product Dimensions: H(46.4cm)* W(50cm)* L(32cm)
Material: Polystone, Resin, etc.
*Licensed in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Taiwan (Province of China)
-----------------

Old 06-30-2022, 06:52 AM   #3
Shoo
The Enchantress

Old 06-30-2022, 10:21 AM   #4
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow, looks super cool. Love the saliva on the teeth.

Jurassic Park fans sure do have LOTS of scales, styles, and companies choose from these days. I wish Predator, Terminator, and Alien franchises got as much love as JP does.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Wow, this looks simply amazing!

Thanks for images Shoo. Pretty interesting design, looks like the animatronic but with some little details of the CG version, like eye shape and broken tooth.

In this regard Spiral Studio went the extra mile, matching even the darker colored teeth:

Needless to say, this bust next to the full Spiral 1:10 piece would make for an absolutely killer display.

Very interested in the price now, going by the measurements it should be 1:6 or close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Jurassic Park fans sure do have LOTS of scales, styles, and companies choose from these days. I wish Predator, Terminator, and Alien franchises got as much love as JP does.
It's for sure surreal, when for two entire decades JP got no love whatsoever while the market was flooded with Predator, Terminator and Alien pieces.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:16 PM   #6
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Funny that they always give the antagonist dinosaurs slit pupils.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:41 PM   #7
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Seems like it's 1:5 scale. As price goes, Sugotoys has it listed for $570. Not bad at all!
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:51 PM   #8
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Seems like it's 1:5 scale. As price goes, Sugotoys has it listed for $570. Not bad at all!
That's an awesome price. Between the Queen Studios Blue piece and this one the two companies already won.

However 1:5 for 50cm in total, it's undersized. Sure it's not 1:6?
Old 06-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #9
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
That's an awesome price. Between the Queen Studios Blue piece and this one the two companies already won.

1:5 for 50cm in total, it's undersized however. Sure it's not 1:6?
Im guessing since its very similar to my 1:5 rexes bust. Bust i hope they clarify later on. Very tempted now lol.
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:03 PM   #10
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Im guessing since its very similar to my 1:5 rexes bust. Bust i hope they clarify later on.
You have to consider these busts also include arms and base though. On the full 1:5, starting from the edge of the snout 50cm is right at the start of the shoulder.

Edit:

Actually, no, after proper measuring 50cm it's in the middle of the shoulder. And considering this is roaring, meaning a bit less horizontal length, it's indeed possible it's a "slightly" undersized 1:5.

Edit #2:

However, the Giga head should be much longer than the T-Rex one, so i don't know. Or at least that's the impression i got from the movie, as in the Shoo pic above they look pretty much equal.

Quote:
Very tempted now lol.
Me too.

----. At the very least i'll see if i can convince my brother to get them for his collection.
For close o slightly more than $1,200, two "1:5" giant dinosaurs with acrylic eyes and teeth roaring at each other is a pretty insane deal.