Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-27-2022, 05:06 AM   #1
Python
Omega Red

Queen Studios - Lifesize Alien bust.

Not much to go on yet, but this has been officially announced and is exciting enough that it probably deserves its own thread already. Queen studios make some incredibly lifelike stuff and the prospect of their talents being applied to the Big chap is pretty exciting. I'm hoping that they will also make statues, maybe the competition will wake Prime 1 up a little. Stay tuned....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:52 AM   #2
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'm a huge fan of the first film, but I'm getting really tired of seeing the alien itself represented in statue form.

When the movie was new, there were plenty of images of creepy, weird sets and costumes used to promote it that teased the imagination while not giving away the main character.
I realize the cat's long out of the bag with this, but there is still much more that could be done with this property that would excite me more than another xenomorph anything.

Just three examples of things I'd actually get excited to see produced
- the sleep pods done as a 3D sculpt (with hinged clear acrylic windows) that could be displayed horizontally or vertically (like some weird-ass mechanical flower)
- one of the atmosphere suits, fully detailed, done in 1/4 or 1/3 scale (and bonus points for a good likeness of one of the actor's inside ). Easy to do a compelling variant of too, whether they start with the white or the colored ones.
- a polystone space jockey with better, more proper proportions than the SSC one from a few years back

That kind of stuff- especially a 1/3 suited figure, would rock my world.

Sorry, Python. Didn't mean to crap on the post-I just really wish some company (aside from NECA) would venture beyond the same old same old with this property.
There's a lot of rich production design there beyond just the Giger stuff- as amazing as that is.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:05 AM   #3
Python
Omega Red

Hmmm, I appreciate it's a character that is fairly regularly represented in this hobby. But I don't think it's been done to a super high standard too often. Coolprops made a nice 1/3 based on the suit as it is now, as did Mamegyorai and Prime 1 recently, but that was fraught with quality issues and breakages, there's probably only 150 or so in existence and good luck getting one now. We've never had an accurate 1:1 bust that's readily available, so this will be a first. And I think there's most definitely room for a nice 1/4 statue. I think Sideshows maquette was the last one many years ago and that is very much showing it's age compared to the newer stuff.

That said, I agree that there are lots of other options from the franchise that would be nice to see tackled.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:24 AM   #4
pdenham
Teen Titans

Well, since they're gonna do it, I hope they do it up right for you guys.

Almost PO'd that Mamegyorai. Loved the pose and the scale, but the price gave me pause. Glad it did, because apparently it showed up with some annoying QC issues.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'm a huge fan of the first film, but I'm getting really tired of seeing the alien itself represented in statue form.

When the movie was new, there were plenty of images of creepy, weird sets and costumes used to promote it that teased the imagination while not giving away the main character.
I realize the cat's long out of the bag with this, but there is still much more that could be done with this property that would excite me more than another xenomorph anything.

- the sleep pods done as a 3D sculpt (with hinged clear acrylic windows) that could be displayed horizontally or vertically (like some weird-ass mechanical flower)
- one of the atmosphere suits, fully detailed, done in 1/4 or 1/3 scale (and bonus points for a good likeness of one of the actor's inside ). Easy to do a compelling variant of too, whether they start with the white or the colored ones.
- a polystone space jockey with better, more proper proportions than the SSC one from a few years back

Sorry, Python. Didn't mean to crap on the post-I just really wish some company (aside from NECA) would venture beyond the same old same old with this property.
There's a lot of rich production design there beyond just the Giger stuff- as amazing as that is.
Great post and agree. Hollywood Collectibles have come close to what you are asking, they have done a 1/4 scale Loader and the Armoured Vehicle, and more recently a couple of ships. But would love some variation.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #6
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I mean - Lt. Ripley.....not to mention the Colonial Marines. I'd like to see creative license with the Androids (Replicants).

I'm a rare fan of all the Aliens movies, while they may not have told the story the fans wanted, I think they still offer a compelling narrative.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #7
qz33
Rescue

Whoa they're making a Mai bust?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:59 PM   #8
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

I'd be down for Ripley in her white compression suit. Prime 1 and Blitzway teased a Ripley from Aliens so maybe there's hope for more.

Personally I always wanted the shuttle from alien. This video from 8:40 - 9:10 would be perfect https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tuti337JF5U
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:58 PM   #9
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not much to go on yet, but this has been officially announced and is exciting enough that it probably deserves its own thread already. Queen studios make some incredibly lifelike stuff and the prospect of their talents being applied to the Big chap is pretty exciting. I'm hoping that they will also make statues, maybe the competition will wake Prime 1 up a little. Stay tuned....
Someone already beat you to it...http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=171114

Mods please merge them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #10
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's Queen Studio so I'm sure they will include the shoulders and do a proper bust, most companies these days only do the head on a stand, I wouldn't call those busts at all. The only other 1:1 Big Chap bust that was produced was the HCG 1:1 Alien bust but imo quality isn't quite there, so despite there being lots of 1:1 Alien stuff out there, this has pretty much no competition. Will be keeping an eye on this.
theokan is online now   Reply With Quote