Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #301
Shoo
Hercules

Rooted hair version. Pics by yangdeguang:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #302
nearmint
Phoenix

The rooted hair looks sculpted.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:09 PM   #303
Cmac
Mephisto

Bale had a little gray in his temples for this movie. No company ever catches that. I guess it's so minute, they never notice.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #304
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I was literally just thinking about buying this statue (even though I don't buy male statues ).....but I thought I would see what the forum was saying before I pulled the trigger......I'm glad I did.

First point, is it me, or does this look nothing like Bale? At best, it's a "passing" resemblance...at best.

I've been spoiled with silicone.....because, if this is the best that can be reached with polystone, then sorry.....there's no competition, at all.

I'm at the point where, it seems, in polystone, the best you can hope for (at least in terms of a production piece) is a mannequin effect.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #305
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I've been spoiled with silicone.....because, if this is the best that can be reached with polystone, then sorry.....there's no competition, at all.

I'm at the point where, it seems, in polystone, the best you can hope for (at least in terms of a production piece) is a mannequin effect.....
I’d say Queen Studios is doing the best likenesses in polystone, Ledger Joker, Tom Holland Spider-Man, Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. But yes, this Bale portrait isn’t as spot-on.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:48 PM   #306
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’d say Queen Studios is doing the best likenesses in polystone, Ledger Joker, Tom Holland Spider-Man, Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. But yes, this Bale portrait isn’t as spot-on.
Maybe they got better after the Bale piece? But what do you think of the Bale portrait? Do you think they captured him accurately?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #307
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Maybe they got better after the Bale piece? But what do you think of the Bale portrait? Do you think they captured him accurately?
I think they did a much better job on the 3 that I mentioned. Bale seems a bit lifeless in comparison.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #308
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
I was literally just thinking about buying this statue (even though I don't buy male statues ).....but I thought I would see what the forum was saying before I pulled the trigger......I'm glad I did.

First point, is it me, or does this look nothing like Bale? At best, it's a "passing" resemblance...at best.

Well.. I agree. The resemblance could have been better. The eyes, the mouth...

I can't completely disagree about the " mannequin effect ". Like nearmint said, it's a bit lifeless, but they did a very good paintjob.

About the " competition", isn't it like talking about a competition between porcelain dishes and silver dishes? Silicone and polystone are two absolutely different materials, and to imagine that the same result can be achieved regardless of the material used is completely illusory. If you want an ultra-realistic portrait to which you can pinch the nose and pull the ears, silicone is the way to go. There’s no real competition.

The likeness of their golden WW wasn't tip top either, but I falled in love with the statue, the pose more precisely, so, even if the likeness isn't 100%, I can live with it, or without it.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:36 PM   #309
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Really wanted to like this but the likeness just isn’t there for me. Also, his eye color seems a bit off compared to the films?

Not to sound toooooooo snobbish but next to my two TDK trilogy pieces coming from JND, this would really look sub-par in comparison.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #310
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

At first I thought it was just the cowl portrait that was off but now its pretty clear, to me at least, that the Bale portrait is off as well. And it's not just the sculpt itself but the paintjob on the outer side of the cheeks and under the eyes almost makes him look feminine.

It's a bit of a letdown considering just how great their Ledger portrait turned out. But as far as a 1:3 Bale Batman goes the clear winner is Prime 1 for me in all categories.

Hopefully Queen can turn it back around for their upcoming Hathaway Catwoman.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote