Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-14-2021, 07:16 PM   #311
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Knight View Post
At first I thought it was just the cowl portrait that was off but now its pretty clear, to me at least, that the Bale portrait is off as well. And it's not just the sculpt itself but the paintjob on the outer side of the cheeks and under the eyes almost makes him look feminine.

It's a bit of a letdown considering just how great their Ledger portrait turned out. But as far as a 1:3 Bale Batman goes the clear winner is Prime 1 for me in all categories.

Hopefully Queen can turn it back around for their upcoming Hathaway Catwoman.
Queen is usually really good, but I don’t think they are going to beat JND on quality and likeness, just because the latter is a higher-end company in terms of cost and materials used. That’s why I just went with JND for Catwoman.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #312
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
Queen is usually really good, but I don’t think they are going to beat JND on quality and likeness, just because the latter is a higher-end company in terms of cost and materials used. That’s why I just went with JND for Catwoman.
I'm still debating ordering that piece. I do like it a lot, but I've never had a silicone piece and at that price its giving me hesitation if I'm really going to like it in hand or if it will hold up for years with the mask on. There seems to be a few different opinions on the longevity of silicone in various threads.

I know Queen can deliver some really awesome stuff but unfortunately their Bale is a miss for me.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #313
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
JND is a niche in a niche. A luxury niche in the niche of the collector statue. This is what their communication suggests to us: By buying a JND statue, you buy an exceptional object.
JND can be the Vuitton of the statue. The costs of making a Vuitton bag are incredibly low, compared to the selling prices. This brings us to the materials used: real hair, glass eyes and polystone are not unknown and overpriced materials , only platinum silicone is really expensive. The cost of manufacturing silicone heads will decrease, while the price of statues will increase.
There will be other players to play in the same niche, but this won't lower prices. The competition will be held only on the proposed characters (actors and actresses). Simply because the quality proposed today by JND will be the norm tomorrow. This is what happens when technologies are increasingly involved in the creation and manufacturing process.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #314
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
This brings us to the materials used: real hair, glass eyes and polystone are not unknown and overpriced materials , only platinum silicone is really expensive. The cost of manufacturing silicone heads will decrease, while the price of statues will increase. There will be other players to play in the same niche, but this won't lower prices. The competition will be held only on the proposed characters (actors and actresses). Simply because the quality proposed today by JND will be the norm tomorrow. This is what happens when technologies are increasingly involved in the creation and manufacturing process.
Difficult to compare the materials used when we don’t really know the specifics. A few aspects that likely raise JND prices are their low-ish production runs and use of in-house artists for the silicon portions of the statue. So far, at least in their Arthur Fleck production pieces, the quality shows. Even though JND statues are 2x the price of some of their competitors, I think the quality and detail are an even greater gap. If other studios rise to meet the challenge, that’s a win. Of course, that doesn’t always happen. Look at Sideshow vs XM for comparison.

JND has sold me on their quality presentation and packaging as well. I get pretty frustrated paying $1k+ for a statue and having it show up in a white styrofoam clamshell that’s all taped up. XM is also great at this.

Edit: I also like how JND studios has standardized the bases for their characters. Gives a nice museum quality look and they don’t take up an outlandish amount of space like some Prime 1 pieces. Of course it also doesn’t allow for creativity either, like the fantastic base for the upcoming Queen Studios 1:1 Joker bust, though that’s kind of apples and oranges comparing a bust with a 1:3 statue.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:18 PM   #315
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Difficult to compare the materials used when we don’t really know the specifics. A few aspects that likely raise JND prices are their low-ish production runs and use of in-house artists for the silicon portions of the statue. So far, at least in their Arthur Fleck production pieces, the quality shows. Even though JND statues are 2x the price of some of their competitors, I think the quality and detail are an even greater gap. If other studios rise to meet the challenge, that’s a win. Of course, that doesn’t always happen. Look at Sideshow vs XM for comparison.

JND has sold me on their quality presentation and packaging as well. I get pretty frustrated paying $1k+ for a statue and having it show up in a white styrofoam clamshell that’s all taped up. XM is also great at this.

Edit: I also like how JND studios has standardized the bases for their characters. Gives a nice museum quality look and they don’t take up an outlandish amount of space like some Prime 1 pieces. Of course it also doesn’t allow for creativity either, like the fantastic base for the upcoming Queen Studios 1:1 Joker bust, though that’s kind of apples and oranges comparing a bust with a 1:3 statue.

Still, compared to Cinemaquette prices, JND isn't that bad.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:39 PM   #316
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Love JND but if they keep selling out as fast as they have, it’s inevitable prices will increase as the demand is there for their limited and high-end product.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:42 AM   #317
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Love JND but if they keep selling out as fast as they have, it’s inevitable prices will increase as the demand is there for their limited and high-end product.
If they raise their prices just for that reason they will lose a lot of fans very quickly. I don't know how many they sell on their own site, but they are usually available well after it says sold out there. I just got a Joker last week and Catwoman is still available elsewhere.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:46 AM   #318
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I would say they are close enough to comparable price range, CM usually has much nicer bases too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #319
naeser2008
Justice League

Really glad I did not end up overpaying for Joker and keep my preorder for this. Just seems underwhelming overall.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #320
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I don't know how many they sell on their own site, but they are usually available well after it says sold out there. I just got a Joker last week and Catwoman is still available elsewhere.
True. They seem to sell out within a few hours through JND but we have no idea how many pieces they reserve for their site and other retailers seem to get quite a few. I believe BBTS and a few other US retailers got at least 20 each and those take a few weeks to sell out, likely due to the high price. Definitely not an impulse purchase for most.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote