What's news mate!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #5924
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
What's news mate!
Work's been kicking my ass lately - might have to take some time over Easter to try and catch up on some minutes.

Looking forward to my trip in June. I'm setting up some sketches in advance of Heroescon, but more and more artists keep getting added - it's going to be hard to prioritise I think.

I got a message from Alex Saviuk yesterday with his sketch prices, if you were interested in getting something from him when he comes over to Supanova Sydney and Perth.

Speaking of art, where are your pickups from OCC mate?

How is everything with you and the family?
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #5925
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Work's been kicking my ass lately - might have to take some time over Easter to try and catch up on some minutes.

Looking forward to my trip in June. I'm setting up some sketches in advance of Heroescon, but more and more artists keep getting added - it's going to be hard to prioritise I think.

I got a message from Alex Saviuk yesterday with his sketch prices, if you were interested in getting something from him when he comes over to Supanova Sydney and Perth.

Speaking of art, where are your pickups from OCC mate?

How is everything with you and the family?

Oh cool mate, please forward along Alex's rates that would be fantastic! I may even lean on you to pass on the Beast avenger jam page and get him to add to it IF he's able to something resembling the same level of detail George puts in?

I envy you heading to Heroes mate, it's making me nostalgic for a US con just thinking about it!

I actually didn't get all that much at OCC by way of art, just the Joker that had been shown, a new Jam page started by Matt and I left one of my older pieces with Jon who is going to spend some slid time turning it into,a jam and giving it back at OCC Melbourne
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #5926
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post

I'll second the request for Alex's prices mate, keen to organise something with him if you don't mind picking it up?
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #5927
Wrothy

No worries guys - here are his con-style sketch prices:

9 x 12 $120 B&W, $160 colour
11 x 14 $150 B&W, $200 colour
11 x 17 $170 B&W, $230 colour
13 x 17 $190 B&W, $260 colour

Prices are for ONE FIGURE (average costume)—for highly detailed characters there will be a 40% extra charge, e.g. Galactus, Robocop, Transformers, etc…) drawn in permanent ink pens and colored in PROFESSIONAL MARKERS on STRATHMORE SERIES 300 Bristol Board. Average partial or 1/2 pg. BACKGROUNDS are EXTRA ( + 40% of a single figure price before discounts). More detailed and full page backgrounds will be priced higher (discretionary up to 80% more.)

DISCOUNT for MULTIPLE FIGURES (2 or more) in the same drawing: 10% off each figure after the first full figure price.

STYLE of DRAWING is considered to be a fairly tight CONVENTION-STYLE drawings rather than FINISHED ART, which is much more precise. Samples can be provided on request.

FINISHED ART (pencil or pen and brush in India Ink) PRICES are 75% more than regular convention style rates. PENCIL ART—20% LESS per figure than inked prices for either convention-style drawings or finished art.

Commission content must be agreed upon (by e-mail or otherwise) and payment must made in advance be before work can begin. (on work priced higher than $500, a 50% deposit will be required; final payment due after pencil work is completed.)
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #5928
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I hope Alex Saviuk doesn't charge me extra for my highly-detailed character request - Zero (from the Mutant Liberation Front)

blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #5929
Wrothy

LOL!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #5930
Wrothy

Hey there Aussies and friends!

Hope everyone who is at MelbNova is having a ball, and wish them all good luck in getting the art they want, particularly from the Dodsons.