Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #5821
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfthai View Post
Anyone heading to either Supanova in November? I'm kinda interested in Shane Davis, but I haven't been blown away by his CAF stuff and I really didn't like Superman: Earth One at all.

The more I think about it, I'm probably only interested 'cause anything seems good when you live in Adelaide.
Dude - where's that home-town pride? We get enough sledging from the dirty Vics without turning on our own!

I'll be at Supanova Adelaide for sure, probably more excited about Howard Chaykin than I am Shane Davis. And there's also Billy Tan and the always-awesome David Yardin, so I think we have done alright. I'm still amazed there is two or three comic cons a year here now!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #5822
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Dude - where's that home-town pride? We get enough sledging from the dirty Vics without turning on our own!

I'll be at Supanova Adelaide for sure, probably more excited about Howard Chaykin than I am Shane Davis. And there's also Billy Tan and the always-awesome David Yardin, so I think we have done alright. I'm still amazed there is two or three comic cons a year here now!
I just saw the lineup today, and was interested to see Chaykin's name there. I may have to ask for some assistance in picking up a commission if Howard is doing anything.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #5823
Rocket
Art of Mod

yeah big passes for me too Luke was lucky enough to get two spots on the pre Supanova list George Perez opened with a few of the other guys here and luckily George is happy for Steve to pick up mine so I don't have to travel
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #5824
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
yeah big passes for me too Luke was lucky enough to get two spots on the pre Supanova list George Perez opened with a few of the other guys here and luckily George is happy for Steve to pick up mine so I don't have to travel
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #5825
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
I just saw the lineup today, and was interested to see Chaykin's name there. I may have to ask for some assistance in picking up a commission if Howard is doing anything.
No problems at all Wrothy, let me know if you find out any info re: pre-convention pick ups from Howard. Happy to help with stuff from him or any of the other artists.

I only wish I could get you to return the favour with George Perez in Perth but I was too slow finding out. I'm not on Facebook for work reasons and it's starting to cost me dearly, with more and more artists using it to book commissions it seems.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #5826
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Grah. What's shipping to Australia cost, generally? Two pound item (tops), about the size of a comic book, is what I'm lookin' at.

I'll ask Nancy, but i figure i'd ask here first.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #5827
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Mike, how weird would it be if it turned out your uncle served under my dad? Now I'm curious... I listed the subs he Captained under his pic on FB.

I guess the good part of coming across that pic? It's made me curious to see how he's doing; think I'll call him in the next day or so. Between my two sisters and myself, I'm the only one that does since his "new wife" is a tyrant... he's commanded hundreds of people his whole life, but that Shrew has commanded him for going on 20 years now. Oh, the irony. His own brothers and their families give her somewhat of a wide berth.

What's happened to the Aussie thread? It's a ghost town.

By the way, if you ever want any military-authentic "gear'/memorabilia, let me know.. I can get onto any base (regardless of military branch) to grab it for you.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #5828
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
The f'ing Catalina wine mixer!

Sorry, that is out of nowhere, that part of the movie just popped into my head.....
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #5829
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dBiw7xfVU

mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #5830
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Mornin', Aussies and Friends of Aussies!

Hope you guys are all doin' well.