Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #5901
Royd
Producer
Producer

As I mentioned in the other thread, given the circumstances, this is a great result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Hey Guys, just a quick update....

I've received my cheque, and looks like Australia Post finally took responsibility all thanks to an escalations consultant by the name of Paul Le Good.

Case Closed. ^____^

In other news...NYCC!!! Man, should be good if things don't fall through!!! Totally excited about it!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #5902
Royd
Producer
Producer

Great to hear about your upcoming trips to Heroes and than to NY!

Often thought about going to Heroes but I can't seem to break away from SDCC and I'm seriously thinking about going again to SDCC this year Already been invited to dinner with Howard Chaykin, Frank Cho and Brandon Peterson

Ken - NYCC is another show I'm tempted to try one year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Hey mate. Yep, going to North Carolina for HeroesCon, and then up to New York for a week or two. Got my HeroesCon membership arranged, and put in my passport application (my old one expired over 4 years ago) today.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #5903
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Luke,

Congrats on the birth of Amelia Jane! I can understand why you've been absent from the boards

As for reading comics digitally, nah, I'm only getting an occasional book on my iPad - still collecting floppies and trades.

Not going to OzCC Adelaide but I will at OzCC Perth and of course at all the Supanovas this year! Hope to see you at Melbourne or Gold Coast if you're thinking of meeting the Dodsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfthai View Post
Hey fellow countrymen,

I really need to post here more often, just read through the last 10 pages and now I feel even more out of the loop than usual. Been out of it for a while with brand new daughter (Amelia Jane) arriving on the 7th January this year, so after buying a new place, moving and gradually settling in, I've finally found a window to start unpacking my comics and statues. It's like a second Christmas, but I'm getting all the stuff I really wanted. I'm trying to figure out the trades & omnibuses (omnibi?) I've missed, but now I found I'm picking up a lot of new release titles on the iPad Comixology app, is anyone else reading more titles digitally (legit or non) and misses owning hard copies?

Anyone coming to the Adelaide Oz Comic-Con? I'd be up for a hang out, need to work out a game plan for getting to the rest of the cons this year (DODSONS!).
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #5904
halfthai
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Rod - Good times, looking forward to it. I was hoping for some other international comic guests for OCC, but I'm sure

Ken - no special significance for the name, the first name my wife liked, and Jane is her middle name too. She gets AJ as a nick, so that's cool. Splashed out and bought the new Bowen Variant Hulk to celebrate (previously bought Magneto FS for Eleanor, Bigby & Snow statue for our wedding), but there wasn't any Hulk themed lady names that jumped out at us. International cons are definitely out for another year for myself, but would be looking at doing NYCC or SDCC again in 2014 or 2015. Very jealous if you go this year though, NYCC artists alley in 2012 sounded awesome.

Royd - Cheers, I'm still only picking up a few floppies to support some local shops here, but mainly read digitally now. Still love a nice hardcover, especially getting them signed/sketched, something elegant the convenience of digital can't match. On a side note, do you know if Terry Dodson is taking a list before the con? I have a great deal to learn when it comes to acquiring sketches/commissions/original art and that's not including how starstruck & tongue-tied when I meet creators whose work I love.

Kinda wish I had more to say but my mind is a sleep deprived mess, I will admit being awake at all hours had let me catch up with some titles I've been putting off reading. I'm not loving most of the Nu52 stuff I've been reading, but have really been getting into Marvel Now creator line-ups. Getting a bad feeling I'll have dropped all my DCU within 12 months.
halfthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #5905
Royd
Producer
Producer

Mate, I've been chatting with Terry regarding prints, original art for sale, commissions and con sketch options for the Supanova April shows.

At present, he hasn't decided what method he'll use for con sketches (he normally cherry picks from the list which he takes in the first couple of hours of the show). I did suggest that if he wanted to offer a small number of commissions to be done before the show, I would be happy to arrange for buyers. (I did this for Frank Cho and Shane Davis).

However, I suspect he may not have enough time to do pre-show commissions for delivery and payment at the show. He will certainly be sketching so you can only put yourself in with a chance by placing your name on the list.

As for becoming tongue-tied, Terry is very easy to talk to and happy to sign books and often does quick sketches in the front of trades. I've only met Rachel once but she was also very friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfthai View Post
Royd - Cheers, I'm still only picking up a few floppies to support some local shops here, but mainly read digitally now. Still love a nice hardcover, especially getting them signed/sketched, something elegant the convenience of digital can't match. On a side note, do you know if Terry Dodson is taking a list before the con? I have a great deal to learn when it comes to acquiring sketches/commissions/original art and that's not including how starstruck & tongue-tied when I meet creators whose work I love.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #5906
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Mate, I've been chatting with Terry regarding prints, original art for sale, commissions and con sketch options for the Supanova April shows.

At present, he hasn't decided what method he'll use for con sketches (he normally cherry picks from the list which he takes in the first couple of hours of the show). I did suggest that if he wanted to offer a small number of commissions to be done before the show, I would be happy to arrange for buyers. (I did this for Frank Cho and Shane Davis).

However, I suspect he may not have enough time to do pre-show commissions for delivery and payment at the show. He will certainly be sketching so you can only put yourself in with a chance by placing your name on the list.

As for becoming tongue-tied, Terry is very easy to talk to and happy to sign books and often does quick sketches in the front of trades. I've only met Rachel once but she was also very friendly
Please let me know if the chance of pre-con commissions from Terry Dodson does eventuate mate!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #5907
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Please let me know if the chance of pre-con commissions from Terry Dodson does eventuate mate!
I'd be interested in pre-con sketches as well if in the instance he cherry picks...oh man, i do hope i at least get something from him!
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #5908
Peasant

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY PEEPS!!!!
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #5909
Woody

Quote:
Hey Guys, just a quick update....

I've received my cheque, and looks like Australia Post finally took responsibility all thanks to an escalations consultant by the name of Paul Le Good.

Case Closed. ^____^

In other news...NYCC!!! Man, should be good if things don't fall through!!! Totally excited about it!
Great work and perseverance Terence!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #5910
Woody

Quote:
I'd be interested in pre-con sketches as well if in the instance he cherry picks...oh man, i do hope i at least get something from him!
Me three Royd!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote