Massive Celebrity Picture Leak

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...014-nude-women

metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

This is why you shouldn't click on the naked photos of Jennifer Lawrence

A tweet I came across...

"Leaked photos... Maybe it's natural to want to look, but it's humane & decent to not. Don't be a creep."

Though most keep saying leaked, the more appropriate term should be stolen.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Unofficial term used for the leaks is The Fappening .
Old 09-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

The question is; who takes self-naked photos and then store them in a computer? Isn't that a recipe for disaster or an invitation to hackers to take advantage of? It is nothing more than pure publicity if you ask me.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

It's hard for me to feel sorry for these girls, there has been enough examples over the years for them to know better about taking videos or pictures of themselves naked....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
The question is; who takes self-naked photos and then store them in a computer? Isn't that a recipe for disaster or an invitation to hackers to take advantage of? It is nothing more than pure publicity if you ask me.
That's what I was wondering myself. I mean they can't really be THAT stupid can they?
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you are in any way a celebrity, don't want people to see you naked, and yet you still take naked photos and/or video of yourself, then you're playing Russian roulette with your privacy.

If you are in any way a celebrity, don't want people to see you naked, and yet you still take naked photos and/or video of yourself, and don't delete them immediately afterwards, or even worse, you actually send them to somebody else, you're playing Russian roulette with your privacy with five bullets in the chamber.

Technology doesn't care about your privacy. Technology doesn't care about your embarrassment. Technology doesn't care about your career. Technology doesn't care about you. And technology can always be exploited. Usually by the sort of people who are unlikely to care about your feelings, or any damage or embarrassment releasing such images may do.

The technology genie doesn't go back in the bottle, people. Once something is out there, it's out there. A fact that it seems an awful lot of people still need to learn, and adjust their practices accordingly. And the sooner the better. Because if you think it can't happen to you, then think again, young Hollywood. Or next time, and there will be a next time, it probably will be you...

Meanwhile, the guy that did this, I hope he enjoyed his moment of internet infamy, because the ScarJo guy got ten years. For something on this magnitude, breaking this many laws, he's going to be somebody's prison ----- for a very long time...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
If you are in any way a celebrity, don't want people to see you naked, and yet you still take naked photos and/or video of yourself, then you're playing Russian roulette with your privacy.

If you are in any way a celebrity, don't want people to see you naked, and yet you still take naked photos and/or video of yourself, and don't delete them immediately afterwards, or even worse, you actually send them to somebody else, you're playing Russian roulette with your privacy with five bullets in the chamber.

Technology doesn't care about your privacy. Technology doesn't care about your embarrassment. Technology doesn't care about your career. Technology doesn't care about you. And technology can always be exploited. Usually by the sort of people who are unlikely to care about your feelings, or any damage or embarrassment releasing such images may do.

The technology genie doesn't go back in the bottle, people. Once something is out there, it's out there. A fact that it seems an awful lot of people still need to learn, and adjust their practices accordingly. And the sooner the better. Because if you think it can't happen to you, then think again, young Hollywood. Or next time, and there will be a next time, it probably will be you...

Meanwhile, the guy that did this, I hope he enjoyed his moment of internet infamy, because the ScarJo guy got ten years. For something on this magnitude, breaking this many laws, he's going to be somebody's prison ----- for a very long time...
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post

Most of these photos and videos are stored in cellphones rather than computers afaik. Also there are just too many celebrities that got their photos leaked, it's not really possible for all of them to be a publicity stunt.

It seems the leak problem is mainly caused by the ICloud service of the Apple. Interestingly, the recently reelased Sex Tape movie has a similar plot of a sex tape leaking through the ICloud service.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Most of these photos and videos sre stored in cellphones rather than computers afaik.

It seems the leak problem is mainly caused by the ICloud service of the Apple. Interestingly, the recently reelased Sex Tape movie has a similar plot of a sex tape leaking through the ICloud service.
But the question remains. Who in the right mind take naked selfies? I know some people that do (mainly young) and I find the habit stupid, disturbing and very dangerous.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote