Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
pgrand3
Doh!

Ultimate Shin Akuma

I'm going to think long and hard about attempting a crack at Shin. I want him. I PO'd the Ultimate Akuma. I'm trying to convince myself if the purchase is worth it as it currently stands.

Right now:

1. There is only one option available- the paid in full discount price is currently the same for Shin as Akuma (there's a $7.99 difference).

2. Despite same price (for pay in full, I understand the SRP is $100 less) we are getting 2 less heads than Akuma, no 2nd torso, and thus no 2nd pair of legs for displaying 2 statues.

3. The lava base for Shin is the exact same colors as for Akuma.

IMO, this Shin is just a repaint for the same price without the same value.

Thoughts?
pgrand3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
pgrand3
Doh!

In addition to my initial post (since I'm not here to bash) I'd like to also share some sentiment in hopes PCS will consider some things (why not, right? lol hopefully they're listening!?).

1. Add another purchase option at a lesser price (perhaps without lava base), for those who have the Ultimate Akuma coming, but do not need the same exact flaming lava base.

2. Potentially change the colors of Shins lava base to be more.....Shin! Perhaps white hot or shades of purples and white?

For me, the same lava base wouldn't be a concern of mine if the colors were different. At least it would differentiate the 2 pieces aside from just hair/gi colors.

3. Include the other heads the reg Akuma has.

Thanks for hearing me out! Curious what everyone else thinks.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
ciscocisco1000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I would be down to buy a Shin if it was like the Retail (which is what I bought). I didn't need the extra heads since I was only interested in 1 other head from the Retail version. It would be nice to get the lava base and 1 or 2 extra heads for those of us who don't need all the heads but would like to switch out bases between the 2 Akumas. I hope you're reading this Red Ant or Jerry!!
ciscocisco1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Will shin have the white Kanji on his back ?
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:10 AM   #5
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrand3 View Post
I'm going to think long and hard about attempting a crack at Shin. I want him. I PO'd the Ultimate Akuma. I'm trying to convince myself if the purchase is worth it as it currently stands.

Right now:

1. There is only one option available- the paid in full discount price is currently the same for Shin as Akuma (there's a $7.99 difference).

2. Despite same price (for pay in full, I understand the SRP is $100 less) we are getting 2 less heads than Akuma, no 2nd torso, and thus no 2nd pair of legs for displaying 2 statues.

Thoughts?
What they need to do is make some regular Shin's available to switch out with the Ultimate Akuma, and cut some of their regs thats being distributed and made available by Sideshow. IMO, they went off the deep end, making way too many Akuma's. The only other time that Jerry went overboard was with the He-Man and BattleCat pieces. And people saw what happen there.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #6
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrand3 View Post

Right now:

Thoughts?
This is my general assessment as well. I'm not sure how one could argue otherwise on value, unless if one perhaps focuses on potential resale value because of the much-lower ES. This will be a popular target for flippers because of that, which I find disappointing because it penalizes collectors like us. This is the case even if you exclude the extra set of legs that were included after the initial preorder.

I also personally don't buy the rhetoric around this statue only being made because some people asked for it - this is a very popular character that can be entirely produced by using molds that already exist; one can make the argument that it'd be bad business sense NOT to do it given potential revenue relative to the effort exerted to make the variant.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
pgrand3
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
What they need to do is make some regular Shin's available to switch out with the Ultimate Akuma, and cut some of their regs thats being distributed and made available by Sideshow. IMO, they went off the deep end, making way too many Akuma's. The only other time that Jerry went overboard was with the He-Man and BattleCat pieces. And people saw what happen there.
I agree 100%. On the PCS website, there are still 3 non-ultimate 10 Year Akumas available for PO. Why not move some of those ES on over to Shin? Especially since he's very popular. The current price option IMO is just too expensive, with little incentive for those who have the Ultimate Akuma already coming.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
pgrand3
Doh!

also personally don't buy the rhetoric around this statue only being made because some people asked for it - this is a very popular character that can be entirely produced by using molds that already exist; one can make the argument that it'd be bad business sense NOT to do it given potential revenue relative to the effort exerted to make the variant.[/QUOTE]

Of course, it's just a repaint - which really hammers the point home of value here. Same all-in price as Akuma, fewer option parts, same base just change out the gi and hair/eye color. Just kind've makes the whole package seem lazy imo. I don't think the low ES will help resellers AT ALL. Good luck trying to sell this off for a higher price.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #9
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Special early preorder for Ultimate Shin Akuma just went up at noon for those who bought an ultimate Akuma. Ffor those who orders one, check your email. Just snagged myself one!!!!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #10
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

i have the mail

but impossible to order
no button nothing

And when i add something else to my cart and goes into it the cart is empty

Eky is offline   Reply With Quote