Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

IKEA return policy?

Out of curiosity, how many of you have made returns/exchanges at IKEA in the past? More specifically, without a receipt. Did you have any luck? Were they difficult about it? Before anyone points out their return policy, I'm well aware. On the outside it screams leniency with their comforting "If you don't love it, return it" signs strung about the building but it's actually quite strict on paper.

I purchased two brown bestas not long ago and I'm really kicking myself for it. Black was the way to go.. That said, I can't find my receipt anywhere. I don't throw away receipts for big purchases, ever. No matter how assured I am. So I pretty much tore my house apart in search for it, to no avail. The cherry on the pie is the fact that I didn't keep the boxes either, because they were just way too big to justify storing them. Not the most sympathetic story, I know.

To clarify, I fully understand and respect that I may be out of luck in this situation. I'm only trying to gauge whether or not disassembling these things and driving down to the local IKEA would even be worth a shot. I've read that it varies drastically from place to place, and that it's kind of a toss up. Any thoughts? Can anyone relate or share a similar experience? The internet seems to be filled with people that can walk in and out within 15 minutes and return anything in any condition without the littlest concern or struggle. On the other hand, there are those select few here and there that claim IKEA came down on them with an iron fist when they tried to return something without a receipt.

I paid with debit and have the bank statement available, have all the hardware/manuals/etc., I'm well within the 90 day limit, and I'm more than happy to let them keep my money granted I can exchange for another set of bestas that same day. The optimist in me hopes that this would be sufficient enough to warrant one.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote