Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #71
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Estimated to be in January as well. But most important for us is the quality. We'll check every single piece before they are shipped out.
Woop woop.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #72
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

ok HairyAsHell
spill it. you guys get the Ninja Scroll license?
huh? huh? didya? didya?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #73
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
ok HairyAsHell
spill it. you guys get the Ninja Scroll license?
huh? huh? didya? didya?
We are definitely exploring other licenses that suits our style and announcements will be made when the time comes

I did watch Ninja Scroll with my Art Director last month. While we love it, we are not sure yet if there's a market big enough to justify the license acquisition. Having said that, its not out of the question. We are definitely exploring classic anime licenses that we'd love making dynamic statues of
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #74
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
We are definitely exploring other licenses that suits our style and announcements will be made when the time comes

I did watch Ninja Scroll with my Art Director last month. While we love it, we are not sure yet if there's a market big enough to justify the license acquisition. Having said that, its not out of the question. We are definitely exploring classic anime licenses that we'd love making dynamic statues of
well thats incredible news. cool that you guys watched it.

what did you think about the film? pretty killah huh? lol

and i would think that there is a large market for it. probably mostly in Japan and other Asian countries but i know there is a pretty big following here in the States and im sure in other countries as well.
no one has never made any. or only one. Jubei.

man it would really cool if you guys did get the license. but i also understand if you dont if you dont think you can make a profit.

question though. if you were to make them. what scale would you do them in? i would like to see them no smaller than 1/5th scale.

thansk for the info man.. ill be following closely to see if and when you get these license.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #75
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Having just recently started and only having 1/6th stuff atm, what is the difference to 1/5th?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #76
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
well thats incredible news. cool that you guys watched it.

what did you think about the film? pretty killah huh? lol

and i would think that there is a large market for it. probably mostly in Japan and other Asian countries but i know there is a pretty big following here in the States and im sure in other countries as well.
no one has never made any. or only one. Jubei.

man it would really cool if you guys did get the license. but i also understand if you dont if you dont think you can make a profit.

question though. if you were to make them. what scale would you do them in? i would like to see them no smaller than 1/5th scale.

thansk for the info man.. ill be following closely to see if and when you get these license.
We have to study the market more. Its definitely a badass anime that we dig. Although what do you think of its popularity to say a classic like Kenshin (Samurai X) ?

We prefer 1/6th as its a common threshold for most regions. Asian homes dont have much space so 1/6 is borderline. However, we are starting with 1/6 cuz we like to make big combinable dioramas so our 1/6 scale statues are easily bigger than a 1/5 museum posed statue.
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #77
Sharkey

Quote:
We have to study the market more. Its definitely a badass anime that we dig. Although what do you think of its popularity to say a classic like Kenshin (Samurai X) ?

We prefer 1/6th as its a common threshold for most regions. Asian homes dont have much space so 1/6 is borderline. However, we are starting with 1/6 cuz we like to make big combinable dioramas so our 1/6 scale statues are easily bigger than a 1/5 museum posed statue.
Also, museum posed statues are boring and not worth the money. I can get a poster/art print/comic cover if I want a standing pose. Statues need to be dynamic.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #78
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Having just recently started and only having 1/6th stuff atm, what is the difference to 1/5th?
1/5th is a little larger scale over all.

Quote:

well, if you picke dup the Ninja Scroll licnese and only did 1/6th scale figures then i guess thats better than noting. and if they are going to be in dynamic poses and the bases could be interchangeable to display a diorama .. that would be cool.

as far as Samurai X im sure there is a market for it. although i am not too familiar with that anime as i am with ninja scroll. but considering the Asian market would be the larger one. im sure you would have no problem selling either one world wide.
reason why i im saying ninja scroll is because of the popularity of the film and the fact that no one has ever produced all of the charters as statues for that film.

i would be more than happy with 1/6th if that means i could purchase all of the main characters and Villains form that film.

im really hoping for that to happen from a company some day. maybe it could be you guys..time will tell.
hopefully your findings of the market will prompt you to pursue the NS license.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #79
Sharkey

Quote:
1/5th is a little larger scale over all.

well, if you picke dup the Ninja Scroll licnese and only did 1/6th scale figures then i guess thats better than noting. and if they are going to be in dynamic poses and the bases could be interchangeable to display a diorama .. that would be cool.

as far as Samurai X im sure there is a market for it. although i am not too familiar with that anime as i am with ninja scroll. but considering the Asian market would be the larger one. im sure you would have no problem selling either one world wide.
reason why i im saying ninja scroll is because of the popularity of the film and the fact that no one has ever produced all of the charters as statues for that film.

i would be more than happy with 1/6th if that means i could purchase all of the main characters and Villains form that film.

im really hoping for that to happen from a company some day. maybe it could be you guys..time will tell.
hopefully your findings of the market will prompt you to pursue the NS license.
Shoot! The Market for Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) is huge. Heck they released a new live action movie of it a couple years ago (still need to hunt it down). I'd love to see that done in your guys style, especially with the dynamic poses and diorama bases! As it stands I do not own any figures from the show/manga because none of them are cool enough or are in dynamic dioramas, but I would jump on that instantly if you guys put them out!!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #80
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

HairyAsHell

Why not try something with a bigger market first.

To my knowledge nobody has done Akira at 1/4 scale.

I NEED a Tetsuo.

Or Fist Of The North Star? Although I think Tsume has that licence....in Europe at least.

Attack on Titan, or Berserk....?

BUT, keep the Street Fighter coming please
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote