Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

wow. that email is identical to the one i received from Mark Villalobos. what a total scumbag.
man this just pisses me right the F*ck off!
this company is just as bad as Syco collectibles.
crooked companies like these should be shut the hell down.
i wonder how man other collectors/people he/they have done this too? my guess its a lot.

hey mods. Please can you guys make this thread a sticky so that everyone can be fair warned prior in dealing with this company? and possibly rename the thread.
CAVEAT EMPTOR (LET THE BUYER BEWARE)-MONSTER-EFFECTS?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I noticed their selling busts on ebay again (not the inflitrator- but its the same people)

The username is studioseries.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #23
DynamicMenace

thanks. yup sure looks like the same busts on the Monster Effects site. plus i see that they had sold a T-900 busts back in Jan of 13. so its definitely them http://www.ebay.com/usr/studioseries
usually con-artists will change their companies name or have an alias to cover their tracks. good find. thanks DT.
go figure. they have a perfect feedback score of 100% in the past year. wonder why they want to rip people off when they contact them personally and then hope they dont follow up with getting their money back.
thats what it felt like to me with the blatant disregard to reply to emails or answer phone calls after you talked to them.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #24
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

ok I have read some on this and renamed thread. This will be the official "#$#%@" thread about this company.

I do want folks to be civil in their language please. I used comic swearing so that is what you can as well.

It seems that these folks have taken some of our members money and that is NOT cool. We at SF take it seriously when our membership is ripped off.

I would like anyone that has been ripped off by this company to let us know. Not sure what we can do for you but letting other members know of their bad business dealings is a start.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #25
DynamicMenace

thank you so much Charles for making this a sticky thread.
you the man

people and fellow members need to know about this fraudulent company MONSTER EFFECTS and to deal with them at their own risk. but better yet dont deal with them at all. becasue more than likely they will try and rip you off.

im so damn sick and tired of companies like these who take advantage of peoples good faith in trusting in them to deliver what they paid hundreds of dollars for. in an attempt to try and rip them off by not delivering them the items they so graciously paid for in full in advance.
so people be weary of this company when dealing with them for they will try and rip you off if they can.

as far as STUDIOSERIES is concerned and is in fact a Monster effects alias on Ebay. its pretty clear that thats who it is for the busts that they are selling are ones that they have had on their site. one of which they show on there right now. follow the link and you'll see for yourself. monster effects http://www.monster-effects.com/untitled-21.html
studioseries http://www.ebay.com/itm/131090103477...84.m1423.l2649
Old 01-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #26
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I bought my Infiltrator off studioseries on ebay but was told I could have a discount if I paid monsterfx direct. I did get my item eventually after a claim they had been robbed but mine was from the original run. I had my emails answered really fast and was surprised when I read they'd ripped so many people off.

Studioseries joined this forum at one point to promote the busts but I didn't post much.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #27
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

as I have stated before, DO NOT BUY from these guys, you will be told the same excuse, blah blah blah, but you will never get the statue, they cannot be trusted and if you go to the website, you will see them claim a new series run of T900 busts, but its a lie, you'll never see one, but lose your monies.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #28
DynamicMenace

and i concur your statements.
if anyone decides to deal with this company their taking a huge risk.
best not to deal with them at all.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #29
HopeOfTheFuture
Doh!

They have great busts etc on their site, but they won't deliver.

I agree with statuehungry and DynamicMenace. Dealing with this company will not only cost you a lot of money, but give you also a lot of time and stress. You're bound to be ripped off.
HopeOfTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #30
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've sent countless emails, called a dozen times, they never answer, worse, they claim to work with Hollywood, how can that be ? how could such a scumbag company actually be asked to do any work for anyone ? I would love to actually show up right in front of that company and confront that a-hole in person, that would be oh so sweet!
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote