Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
ob1ob
Birdman

Question Storage for boxes and extra pieces

I have a large walk-in closet that I have been using to store all of the boxes my statues come in. However I have run out of room, and it's become difficult to retrieve clothes (what the closet is actually for) because of the wall of boxes. So I have decided that they must all go into a storage shed in my back yard. However I have a few questions before I move them all out there. Should I be concerned about damage from heat, humidity, insects, etc.? I currently have all of the switch-out heads, hands, etc. in these boxes. What is a safe alternative to store these items? I definitely want to keep them in a climate controlled environment and safe from breakage. It would also be nice for easy access to change up the display of the statues. Thanks.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

I have a few drawers that I put some padding in and have all the Switch Out parts in those drawers for all my statues... Then you can take the Styrofoam out and put it in the storage shed and then collapse the art box and shipper box so they don't take up so much room inside your house... I would probably buy some trash bags to put the Styrofoam in to protect it in the shed..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

My boxes have been in my backyard storage ranging in temperature of +30celsius to -20 celsius and have no problem yet.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
My boxes have been in my backyard storage ranging in temperature of +30celsius to -20 celsius and have no problem yet.
You are a brave man...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
ob1ob
Birdman

I'm not too concerned with cold, but it gets very hot in the Summer here. Considerably hotter than 30 degrees Celsius. I assume this would be potentially harmful to the cardboard and the glue on the boxes, hence built2shred's suggestion to store them inside? I wonder what effect the heat would have on styrofoam stored in plastic trash bags? Still, there just isn't room in the house for them, so there's not much choice in the matter.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You are a brave man...
They are empty boxes.I don't think the heat or cold does anything on the boxes. As long as they don't get wet.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
They are empty boxes.I don't think the heat or cold does anything on the boxes. As long as they don't get wet.
Depends on how cold it gets, you can get condensation in the shed which could ruin the boxes... I still think your best bet is to bag the Styrofoam and store them out there and collapse the boxes and keep them inside your house, should solve your problem... Just make sure the bags are sealed tight, use duct tape... or if you have room you could always throw the Styrofoam up in the attic...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote