Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #521
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Does it really matter? If I was a Hulk fan, I would purchase the statue because its truly exquisite.
no it doesn't matter, but I'm just curious as Marvel PF's have been the one consistent line to always have an exclusive and was just wondering if this is the first not to

And yes, it is exquisite, but also expensive and roomy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Well, the Hulk Avengers Maq didnt, which is basically a PF.

PS - Jade, XOXO
It's in the name - "maquette" so I don't count the Hulk maquette as a PF, plus it's part of the legacy line
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #522
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I praise you guys to high heavens when I am Impressed and display my distaste when I am not. The choices are polarising to say the least and I can see why.
Yes, we try to do good on everything we do, as much as that might not seem apparent, we do, and praise for those pedestal achievements is always welcome and inspires us to continue and to do better. So thank you for those moments when you're actually happy and you decide to give us praise.

But dismissive "Fail" or "Lame" doesnt do anyone any good, ever. If your bosses did it to your work, those words wouldnt make you try harder, your pride in your work would if you give a damn, which we do, or I do.

It's easy for anyone to sit and watch a sport and think they know better than the coach, because they are sitting back and watching from afar and judging after the fact. Same for politics, or ANYTHING else you're not actually involved it. It's easy to say how wrong something is after it's done.

At the end of the day, you're not actually doing it, you dont really understand the day ins and outs of what goes into all the work we do, and those dismissive comments just dont really do anyone any good, ever. Constructive crits do, and I actually listen to all of them when it's related to design, and again, when they arnt contemptuous.

Sarcasm is always appreciated. I can give it and take it. With all the PS-jobs you guys do making fun of us I figured I could chime in and retaliate from time to time in good fun, which I think is apparent.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #523
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Thanks Vrac - much appreciated

I am not asking for you to blow sunshine and I don't have a problem with crits ... if they are constructive in nature
I suspect if I had called the pose lifeless or uninspired I would have incited the same response. I am done on this topic though so thank you for understanding.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #524
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Yes, we try to do good on everything we do, as much as that might not seem apparent, we do, and praise for those pedestal achievements is always welcome and inspires us to continue and to do better. So thank you for those moments when you're actually happy and you decide to give us praise.

But dismissive "Fail" or "Lame" doesnt do anyone any good, ever. If your bosses did it to your work, those words wouldnt make you try harder, your pride in your work would if you give a damn, which we do, or I do.

It's easy for anyone to sit and watch a sport and think they know better than the coach, because they are sitting back and watching from afar and judging after the fact. Same for politics, or ANYTHING else you're not actually involved it. It's easy to say how wrong something is after it's done.

At the end of the day, you're not actually doing it, you dont really understand the day ins and outs of what goes into all the work we do, and those dismissive comments just dont really do anyone any good, ever. Constructive crits do, and I actually listen to all of them when it's related to design, and again, when they arnt contemptuous.

Sarcasm is always appreciated. I can give it and take it. With all the PS-jobs you guys do making fun of us I figured I could chime in and retaliate from time to time in good fun, which I think is apparent.
I understand I shall phrase it better in the future.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #525
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I understand I shall phrase it better in the future.
Don't worry bro! No need to explain anymore. More talk on hulk PF!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #526
Igo
Producer
Producer

Vrac, sall good. If you ever make it out to a future SDCC Ill buy you a beer and give you 20 minutes of complain time and Ill listen to every minute of it.

And yah, man that Hulk, HOW AWESOME IS THAT THING!?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #527
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Well, if you are saying this version and Bowen version both look like Planet Hulk - you get a gold star!

If you think they look the same - time for some new spectacles my friend
I think both have pretty awesome details! The price does seem pretty decent for what you are getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Hmmmm.....the cost is high but is it too high for me? hmmmm....still trying to figure out as tihs is an awesome statue from my favorite storyline in years.
That's what I am struggling with - is it too high for me? The Avengers Maquette was an easy yes - this one... Not so much...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #528
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
no it doesn't matter, but I'm just curious as Marvel PF's have been the one consistent line to always have an exclusive and was just wondering if this is the first not to

And yes, it is exquisite, but also expensive and roomy It's in the name - "maquette" so I don't count the Hulk maquette as a PF, plus it's part of the legacy line
BUT (put on a helmet this is gonna blow your mind) the Legacy Marvel Maquette figures in the past have had exclusives...

Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #529
SONICobra
Batman

well I think this piece is awesome, the more I look at it the more I like it. ill have to see what else is released before deciding to jump on board or not though.

regardless this pumps me up for future marvel pieces, this is really a home run in my opinion. I don't see how it could be improved upon, an EX would have been nice but whatever this thing is still killer.

im feeling like a kid on Christmas I just want everything to be revealed right now so I can just sit and stare at all the awesomeness
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #530
gomur
The Tick

My impressions of the statue - and while I appreciate the Hulk's legacy as a character, I am not someone who has followed him for any stretch in my comic readings.
  • This statue looks amazing. Great size and presence with attention to detail. I love the expression on Hulk's face.
  • I'm particular about fabric in statues, and I approve of this usage with the leather, um, skirt.
  • Surprised that there isn't an Exclusive. That's all.
  • Much prefer this to the Movie Maquette... which cost $100 more.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote