Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #291
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Those with the inside scoop -- will Ororo be printed and on display at STGCC? I'll even take a non-painted version
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #292
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Those with the inside scoop -- will Ororo be printed and on display at STGCC? I'll even take a non-painted version
Also, have the cheap, crusty hooker boots been fixed?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #293
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Updates???

Any updates or new pics to share?
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #294
Demona
Martian Manhunter

.....now I know how it feels when I'm the one to bump this thread and there's no actual update....

Second SL statement. How's she coming? Need me to comment on paints yet?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #295
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well, I fought the good fight thru facebook, but I'm still scared as hell that this piece that I want so badly will fall short of my grail Jim Lee Storm.

There is some fear on XM's part that IF the statue isn't white that people won't buy it. I told them that's not true. White has been the only option ever given -- which is why it sold -- there has been no choice! I told them there are a fair number of people who really want silver. Also, there are a fair number of people who don't care and just want a good Jim Lee Storm statue. So don't fall for the white suit hype.

XM also questioned why Marvel would approve white if it wasn't accurate. I countered that it is an accurate color for the cartoon, not the comics. And followed it up with Marvel also approved her suit to be silver/grey in the current Marvel Puzzle Quest game, Marvel v Capcom games, Toy Biz action figure, AND in the comics.

XM DID mention the colors on Moon Knight after a couple fellow posters brought it up (me included). So there is some hope that they will color test those paints on her. I think those would be perfect. It's a happy medium for the divided fanbase. In some lights the silver/grey looks brighter like white, while in others it's darker and the silver/grey shows.

Truthfully, I'm not sure what I'm going to do if that suit isn't silver/grey. Something tell me we shall see the outcome at the STGCC in a few weeks.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #296
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

If the sculpt/pose is grail-level for you, you might want to consider a repaint by some of the gifted painters out there. I know it sucks and can sometimes tank your after-market value, but you do things like that when you have no intention of selling.

I'd probably consider it if XM's White Magneto is mind-blowing. I don't care for the Marvel Now White Version.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #297
Demona
Martian Manhunter

While I get your point, WalkerFodder, and I am aware of the options available to me. However, I'm so tired of being the collector that has to settle for the "repaint option" on this version of Storm. For once, can't it be the people who want the white suit that have to either suck it up, or shell out more money for a custom paint job?!

And at least the white suit Magneto is accurate to the comics. That suit has always been white, always will be white. You know how furious fans would be if they tried to make his iconic purple and red suit, ANYTHING but purple and red? Yet it seems that people find it perfectly acceptable to tell Storm fans to just deal with comic book inaccurate colors on her suit.

XM does comic based X-Men statues, not cartoon based. I don't see why Storm should be an exception to this rule in all regards.

And I'm not ranting at you, Walker. Just the facts of waiting for a silver Jim Lee Storm statue for, literally, decades.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #298
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
While I get your point, WalkerFodder, and I am aware of the options available to me. However, I'm so tired of being the collector that has to settle for the "repaint option" on this version of Storm. For once, can't it be the people who want the white suit that have to either suck it up, or shell out more money for a custom paint job?!

And at least the white suit Magneto is accurate to the comics. That suit has always been white, always will be white. You know how furious fans would be if they tried to make his iconic purple and red suit, ANYTHING but purple and red? Yet it seems that people find it perfectly acceptable to tell Storm fans to just deal with comic book inaccurate colors on her suit.

XM does comic based X-Men statues, not cartoon based. I don't see why Storm should be an exception to this rule in all regards.

And I'm not ranting at you, Walker. Just the facts of waiting for a silver Jim Lee Storm statue for, literally, decades.
What color are you saying her suit was ?
I always viewed it has white with dark shading sometimes almost appearing blueish depending on the artist. Sometimes it appeared black but it was light grey with heavy grey shading but it was never just one color depending on the artist. it appeared different colors even in the same comic many times.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #299
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It is silver/grey. A polished gunmetal. NEVER white in the comics though. Cartoon, yes. Comics, no. Her hair and suit were never intended to be the same color. The FOX cartoon did that.

Which makes me wonder if Disney would want ties to a cartoon that doesn't make them money.....

I see nothing white other than her hair, and eyes, in comic images. And the MPQ image (the last) is from a currently running game that marvel approves. And for the record, those comic images span many years and many different artist/colorists.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim Lee Splash.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	666.8 KB
ID:	106951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodson Storm Cover.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	106952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe Mad Anniversary Cover.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	106953   Click image for larger version

Name:	XMen Unlimited 7.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	106954   Click image for larger version

Name:	MPQ Classic Storm.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	106955  

Old 08-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #300
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I won't even consider this piece if it is that hideous pearl/pure white color like the Bowen.

I already hate the boots on this piece (the flaky, crusty texture) and the prostitute heels they added. If it's white, that is the nail in the coffin for me.

Not to mention, the sculpted renders pale in comparison to how awesome the original artwork was for this piece. I was stoked when I saw the artwork, and really let down when the sculpted pics started showing up.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote