Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #81
travis
A.I.M.

How bad is it? Hairdryer can be risky on the peg leg depending on how much you gotta bend it..filing peg is do-able if its almost in the hole1/32 "or less...safest method is drilling or filing base hole larger...those techniques are what I have used ..sometimes I combine methods. ..a little off base hole...little of peg leg....and of course touch up paint afterwards if needed
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #82
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I need some opinion/help, Weta asked me to use a blow dryer to help fit the steed on the base.

The problem is the hole in the base is drilled in the wrong place. For example if I align the front foot, then the back foot does not sit at all, like it does not even align with the space for the hove.

It's not that it does not go in smoothly, the problem is if I align one foot the other one does not fit in the space.

This is a screen shot of I put the front foot in, then the back looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hhrtf50wjoz2ky/1.jpg?dl=0

Now if I put the back foot in then the front looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o7qf08eqkhranq/3.jpg?dl=0

I don't think if blow drying the rear peg will move it to the right spot. I think the blow drying would help if the item fit but was not flush.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #83
pinkxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
How bad is it? Hairdryer can be risky on the peg leg depending on how much you gotta bend it..filing peg is do-able if its almost in the hole1/32 "or less...safest method is drilling or filing base hole larger...those techniques are what I have used ..sometimes I combine methods. ..a little off base hole...little of peg leg....and of course touch up paint afterwards if needed

Hi Travis - I just posted some pictures and more info. To be honest for a $700~ piece I dont think I should be doing this. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #84
travis
A.I.M.

Try putting the peg leg tip in the hole first then let the rear legs find their position. ..carefully of course
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #85
pinkxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Try putting the peg leg tip in the hole first then let the rear legs find their position. ..carefully of course

Yup - once I put the rear in, if you see the other picture, the front one does not fit, it leaves a space, it's off, zoom in on the pic.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #86
pinkxter

I've let Weta know my concern, they will just provide a replacement. I'm crossing my finger it goes well
Old 12-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #87
slynger
Hellboy

Sure hope mine doesn't show up this way. Best of luck in getting yours all straightened out.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 PM   #88
joogle
Doh!

Hi - I am hoping some of you can help me out here because I am getting pretty frustrated. I got a replacement statue and it fits on the base, but look at the rear left hoove. It's not aligned with the space and stays in the air. Whereas I saw someone elses pictures on the earlier page and it sits flush.

My earlier one was not aligned at all so it would not fit on the base.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180115_205600.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	110614   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180115_205542.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	110615  
joogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #89
FROBAY
Phoenix

Sorry to see that.

This piece is plagued with problems. I emailed BBTS they still have NEVER gotten their shipment of these from WETA.... What's wrong with that picture? It tells me their allocation was given as replacements. Either BBTS will get brand new ones from the factory or reworked returns. Outlook isn't promising.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:25 AM   #90
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That sucks man. Definitely should sit flush.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote