Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 AM   #2081
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anespian View Post
My guess on the Exclusive would be something to do with the Gauntlet hand. Switch out perhaps. But not holding the Cosmic Cube, please.

I don't want to guess on the price of this piece. Fingers crossed, not average price of 2 premium formats. Like the gent in BTS video says, you're essentially getting to statues, Thanos & Throne.

Since its 1/4 scale, what is the height of Thanos if he was to stand up for based on this piece. Hope for answers next week.

His height standing would be between 24-25 inches I'm figuring. Would need to measure to be sure. In 1/4 scale this guy is 7"6 to 8" tall
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #2082
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
Lol. if this is an open ES, then i'm not likely to put down over a grand for that statue, as awesome as it looks. if it's a reasonable ES of like 750-2000 at most then I'd consider it, but i guess we'll see how things go with pricing and ES.
This is the flip side to the coin that no one is talking about the ES. If the piece is 1k or over the ES needs to be small I mean total run under 2k ideally under 1k. If not with the price and a huge ES this piece will be a beauty but just wait for the price to drop. Before I start getting the hate this piece is truly MAGNIFICENT
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #2083
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Agreed! I forgot if it was FB or one of the forums but I recall recently someone saying (about a statue that was coming out) they didn't really like the statue but if the ES was low they'd instantly buy one....

Point is who cares about how low or high it is. Get it because you like it.
When you have an ES like superman of 10k its not a collectible in my humble opinion.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #2084
ambasah
Red Skull

edition size is always important to me.

the larger the edition size the better the chance I have of getting it for less in the aftermarket...or SS offering up discounts down the road.

I am in no rush.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #2085
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
When you have an ES like superman of 10k its not a collectible in my humble opinion.
Thats becsuse you have your own definition of what that is. But there are all types of collectors that collect all types of things.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #2086
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Wow just saw the live show footage.... That paint app is so beyond crazy no way are SS gonna pull it off.. no freakin way. That chair with all those colours and details of shading and metallic shine and highlights and dirty gun metal parts... no way.

Its an amazing proto but the prod is gonna lack somewhere. Theres gonna be a comprimise. Always the case with SS. Sometimes close but never on the proto mark. They shouldnt be jacking up the paint app so damn much when they clearly freakin know they cant pull it off for us. Why have painters credits on pieces. They dont paint every piece. They give a template out to factory to see IF they can match it ENOUGH... thats bout it... and most times they cant (or everytime lately really or else we would have proto lookalikes).

It just dont make sense to me. When i see painters names i just feel like i missed out somehow. And i know they cant and wont paint every piece i just want them to be more realistic with what we get.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #2087
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Wow just saw the live show footage.... That paint app is so beyond crazy no way are SS gonna pull it off.. no freakin way. That chair with all those colours and details of shading and metallic shine and highlights and dirty gun metal parts... no way.

Its an amazing proto but the prod is gonna lack somewhere. Theres gonna be a comprimise. Always the case with SS. Sometimes close but never on the proto mark. They shouldnt be jacking up the paint app so damn much when they clearly freakin know they cant pull it off for us. Why have painters credits on pieces. They dont paint every piece. They give a template out to factory to see IF they can match it ENOUGH... thats bout it... and most times they cant (or everytime lately really or else we would have proto lookalikes).

It just dont make sense to me. When i see painters names i just feel like i missed out somehow. And i know they cant and wont paint every piece i just want them to be more realistic with what we get.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #2088
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Also wonder if that thick seam/gap is for a switch out arm or just a random seam proto thingo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-03-24-00-20-24.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	103090  
Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #2089
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
edition size is always important to me.

the larger the edition size the better the chance I have of getting it for less in the aftermarket...or SS offering up discounts down the road.

I am in no rush.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #2090
HBK83
The Avengers

I think sideshow is going to keep the es on the Lower end. Ex 1000 or under.
And I feel it will go quick people are going to be thinking doom and magneto throne pieces and rush to get this.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote