Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2024, 10:26 AM   #21
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'm still waiting for that perfect classic comic 1:4 bats. If not this one there's always more coming.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:39 AM   #22
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I hope this is the Batman i've been waiting for to go along with the new Joker/Penguin/Ivy. The one thing about Batman is he has so many different era's so each one won't please everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I wonder if it will be 30+ inches tall.
I hope not, its the reason i'm not getting the dio, I'll be super bummed if this is bigger than what my display case can fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Woke up this morning, got myself another rehash.

I?m sure it?ll be fine. Whatever.

I just find it interesting they?re doing so many releases so far this year.
Still holding out hope for Riddler/Nightwing or any undone batman character within the line up. If they at least fill in those two i'll have most of the core rogues for me. Any others added after would be gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Three Wolverines and two Batmans and it's only April.
We have to go with it all, at least we had 4 hulks, elektra, and superman mixing it up. Granted all of them are rehashs the Hulk was way over due. They still seem to have alot to pump out before we even get to SDCC.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:43 AM   #23
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

Holy sh!t, I can't believe this?! And no, I'm not complaining because it's yet another Batman, but at Sideshow's strategy of releasing them rapid fire, shotgun!

If we get that elusive "classic" Bats that miraculously pleases everyone (at least most), I'm in. But, it will be the last for me, as one more would make it three.

Very cool, exciting times to collecting this expensive crap, but from where I now stand & see(?), this polystone sh!t never smelled as sweet.

Wow.

P.S. I pray that Sideshow's frantic pace is meant to simply cover all bases, and not a sign of "last call" for us all.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:51 AM   #24
Mister H
Gen 13

Maybe there will be different color options? SS has shown they aren't opposed to that.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:56 AM   #25
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Maybe there will be different color options? SS has shown they aren't opposed to that.
Ya i'd prefer they give us the Black and Blue Color way from the get go rather than wait for spooktacular variant
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:23 AM   #26
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

i already have a modern armored version from P1, which I love but have always wanted to get a classic grey/blue costumed version as well. I know that SS did the hunchback one on the gargoyle some time ago, but never really connected to his pose not the color palette. Then when SS released the variant repaint of the grey and blue PF, I just felt that it had a laziness to it and could not pull the trigger on it. Plus, I was not the biggest fan of the hunchover back on that one either. So maybe this next one will be a bit more comic accurate both in color palette as well as costume since SS went this way recently with Dazzler, The Colossus/Wolverine Fastball special, the Superman and I think with Elektra as well. They all seem to be a bit more comic book looking as opposed to more modern looking. So,.......crossing fingers.....maybe they will give that same treatment to this Batman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	169508  
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:27 AM   #27
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ooooo I wonder if this will be grey/blue with the yellow/black oval symbol (just like the picture hints)?? So more of a "vintage" look. Because if we get a grey Batman, we may get a Balent Catwoman. Same time frame.

Because the coloring of the picture is black and yellow, my other guess is a Keaton style. But I don't think SS will do that without saying it's Keaton.
Quote:
The symbol at the very bottom looks just like the '89 and '92 movie symbol.
I think that is just the usual Batman trademark. The atsignal does not appear accurate to any movie.
If it was from 89 or 92 there would probably also be a Warner Bros. trademark.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:28 AM   #28
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Ya i'd prefer they give us the Black and Blue Color way from the get go rather than wait for spooktacular variant
They know you had which is why they always start with the less demand version first.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:30 AM   #29
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Damn Sideshow is really digging in to collectors wallets this year. Year 30 is turn out to be the year of all years! Great time to be a Sideshow statue collector.
IronLungs31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM   #30
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Holy sh!t, I can't believe this?! And no, I'm not complaining because it's yet another Batman, but at Sideshow's strategy of releasing them rapid fire, shotgun!

If we get that elusive "classic" Bats that miraculously pleases everyone (at least most), I'm in. But, it will be the last for me, as one more would make it three.

Very cool, exciting times to collecting this expensive crap, but from where I now stand & see(?), this polystone sh!t never smelled as sweet.

Wow.

P.S. I pray that Sideshow's frantic pace is meant to simply cover all bases, and not a sign of "last call" for us all.
I really would have liked if Sideshow would give us one more highly anticipated Mr. Sinister or Omega Red during this rapid run of releases. But this run that Sideshow is on has been one of the greatest I've seen from them during my time in this hobby.
IronLungs31 is online now   Reply With Quote