Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
tony bo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Question How Come Attakus Statues Don't Sell On Ebay

I looked on Ebay to check out some of the Star Wars statues from Attakus that are beig discussed on this forum. Although everyone says the are fantastic .... a lot of auctions on Ebay go unsold and the price is below SRP. They are being sold from reputable dealers ..... is it that they are way overpriced? They may look and are great quality but the prices are really out there. New to this so I would like some opinions.
tony bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Are they being sold by US sellers? I think a lot of US based buyers avoid buying stuff from overseas. I fall into this category but after a while and not being able to find an Attakus Hulk in the states, I broke down and ordered one from overseas.
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

Because all of us already have them! LOL

No seriously, I think the market has been a little slow lately and a lot of people who want to get some Attakus are waiting for prices to go even lower.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
superkit77
Frackin!

I think there are more Attakus statues sold on Ebay rather than ‘unsold’. Just refer to toytracker website and see yourself how many Attakus statues sold everyday at good prices!

http://www.toytracker.net/attakus/tracking/attakus.html
superkit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Are they being sold by US sellers? I think a lot of US based buyers avoid buying stuff from overseas. I fall into this category but after a while and not being able to find an Attakus Hulk in the states, I broke down and ordered one from overseas.
I agree, I feel more comfortable ordering from the States myself but when I had to have the Attakus Elektra and Human Torch I broke down and ordered it. I did e mail the seller and asked if he could reduce the price if I brought both of them. (His prices were pretty steep) He took $90 bucks off the total from me and I just sent him the money via Paypal. He had a lot of positive feedback so I took the chance.

If you don't ask...
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

they are imho overpriced
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
tony bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkit77 View Post
I think there are more Attakus statues sold on Ebay rather than ‘unsold’. Just refer to toytracker website and see yourself how many Attakus statues sold everyday at good prices!

http://www.toytracker.net/attakus/tracking/attakus.html
Thanks I'll check it out. I'm concerned that they are very high priced and do not seem to hold there value. I don't want to buy something this costly and even though I like it watch the price drop drastically. It appears that the sellers eventually can't hold out and don't want to get stuck so they bail. Why are the statues way so expensive compared to the US manufacturers ..... were talking hundreds.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony bo View Post
I looked on Ebay to check out some of the Star Wars statues from Attakus that are beig discussed on this forum. Although everyone says the are fantastic .... a lot of auctions on Ebay go unsold and the price is below SRP. They are being sold from reputable dealers ..... is it that they are way overpriced? They may look and are great quality but the prices are really out there. New to this so I would like some opinions.
i haven't seen this, at least not on the important pieces.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #9
tony bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I agree, I feel more comfortable ordering from the States myself but when I had to have the Attakus Elektra and Human Torch I broke down and ordered it. I did e mail the seller and asked if he could reduce the price if I brought both of them. (His prices were pretty steep) He took $90 bucks off the total from me and I just sent him the money via Paypal. He had a lot of positive feedback so I took the chance.

If you don't ask...
I guess I am not making my thought clear. I don't doubt that a seller will reduce the price of the statue, they are not asking for the Suggested Retail Price. My thought is why is the Suggested Retail Price of Attakus statues so overpriced ....... then when they are reduced we feel we would be getting a bargain when in reality we would still be grossly overpaying. If Attakus puts a Suggested Retail of $580.00 on General Grevious isn't that totally outrageous. The statues look great but I'm having a hard time justifying what the Suggested Retail is.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

They unfortunately are overpriced. I love Attakus statues and do have some,
but overall they're just too expensive compared to other companies offerings.
Excellent quality yes (PERFECT on the Hulk) but a lot of $$$ for many to shell
out when there are other tolerable substitutes available that are less money.

Having said all that, I'd still love a Vader 1 or 2........

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote