Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuke22 View Post
This is being discussed in another thread right now, but overall I don't understand the huge discrepancy in prices between reg. and ex. versions. I'm new to collecting (broken record, I know) but so far the only ex that has impressed me has been the Iron Spider-man Comiquette.

I could care less for prints...
To answer your question, even though you did so yourself....other people care for the prints.

I'm like you though and just like the statue, but I will pick up the exclusive for the added bonus of having a print.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #42
comictrek
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuke22 View Post
This is being discussed in another thread right now, but overall I don't understand the huge discrepancy in prices between reg. and ex. versions. I'm new to collecting (broken record, I know) but so far the only ex that has impressed me has been the Iron Spider-man Comiquette.

I could care less for prints...
There used to be a big price difference between the Exclusive and the regular versions. Now, collectors seem to be concentrating more on the product and less on whether it's exclusive or not.

This is something that's been pointed out in our updates for the Marvel AH! Comiquette Sales Report where the non-exclusives have been selling for the same or even more than the Exclusive version. An excellent example is the She-Hulk Comiquette, with the average for the last 10 sales of the Exclusive at $196 and the Regular at $221. The only one bucking the trend is the Mary Jane Comiquette where the Exclusive is averaging $500 and the Regular is at $394. However, this may be more due to the fact that only the Exclusive has sold lately while prices have been going up (last 3 sales at $649, $700 and $800).

For this thread, the Punisher Comiquette Exclusive version has sold for an average of $390. The regular version has sold for an average of $375 so there isn't much difference.

You can view the sales reports for these pieces in our Marvel Comiquettes Sales Report at http://www.myauctionreports.com/main...comiquette.php

-----------
Sideshow and Bowen Collectibles Historical Sales Reports at:
http://www.myAuctionReports.com
comictrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #43
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
To answer your question, even though you did so yourself....other people care for the prints.

I'm like you though and just like the statue, but I will pick up the exclusive for the added bonus of having a print.
I only want prints if they are female characters. I bought the reg Punisher instead of the ex because it wasn't significant enough for me to have.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #44
celticwarrior77
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

all comes down to opinion and how much you like the character, i am a big punisher fan so really made sure i got the print.... if you are a big fan of that specific statues character you are more apt to want the print (plus i really like the print for punisher)
celticwarrior77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #45
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I was lucky to be able to get one after quite sometime. I mix up at my LCS sold off my allocated Regular so I got on the WL for the ex at SS. It converted and I was a happy lamb

This one was one of my favorites from the get-go. Am a huge Olivetti fan and only liked Punisher after he hand a hand in it and this one I will never part with.

One of my best experiences dealing with Sideshow!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #46
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hope you bought it. Statue worth over 1k now.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #47
Vracula
Jedi Order

Lol Jesus dude!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #48
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

6 years, nice.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #49
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Someone top this.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #50
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It is punished himself. He doesn't play by the rules.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote