Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
They need to let Diana preserve her modesty and have her in a more practical, hot pants/pantie free, outfit. I personally would be more partial to one that features an armored skirt ala the Alex Ross WW (but in a traditional colour scheme) armor or Xena. It would update the look of the character and appeal to a wider audience.
I agree. I know someone drew a concept design that was along these lines. Just trying to remember who it was and where I saw it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That is close to what I am talking about Risingstar. A skirt akin to that but in the traditional colour scheme minus the extra armor, helmet and cape seen in that Perez cover.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'd be down with a Grecian/Romanesque/Amazonian (?) leather skirt, with armored pleats/etc.

I'm fine with her star-spangled "underpants" look, but the skirt would work better in film, I think. Plus, with underpants.. nothing's left to the imagination. Skirts are sexy.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
Confessor
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This costume would be perfect for the movie.
Now ironically this is a great pic and the gal here, in my view, does not look "exotic." I respectfully disagree with the idea that WW in film ought to look "exotic"...but maybe we are comparing apples to oranges. When I think "exotic" I think of an opposite look from WW.

WW should probably look very much like the first poster's suggestion, except very cut/beefed up (in a feminine way). To me, the FF folks screwed up that film with Alba as Sue Storm. To me, she looks exotic. And them slapping blue contacts and blonde locks on her looked silly and distracting.

I say stay with the look in the comics historically-speaking (haven't seen recent books), animated (JL, JLU) programs, etc. White, fair skin, raven-dark hair with striking blue eyes....fit, cut. That is WW IMO.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #26
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Ive no problem with the Greco skirt possibly in the earlier part of the movie but she needs to be seen in her classic costume also. I think the example I've shown would work.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Ive no problem with the Greco skirt possibly in the earlier part of the movie but she needs to be seen in her classic costume also. I think the example I've shown would work.
I would almost do it reverse and have her use the classic costume on Themyscira, perhaps in the games, and then transition to a more PC version for "man's world."
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the underpants look.. if it's pulled off well.

Maybe her skirt gets in the way when she comes to "Man's World" and she trims down the costume to her famous underpants/chestplate look.

The actress playing her has to be .. well.. stunning... but also has to be visible toned in her musculature. She doesn't have to be "buff" (or even visibly muscled), but you have to see that there's some strength/training behind those punches.

Bulls' pic is perfect.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think for Wonder Woman they either need to get a really good young actress. Or an unknown who has the potential and can be trained to be a good actress for the part.

I kind of lean towards the unknown only because it will help with the Wonder Woman role. Also, they really need to find someone who is close as possible to 6' and is willing to put in the physical work. Similar to what Jessica Biel did with those poor action movies (Blade Trinity & Stealth) she was in a few years ago. I mentioned before in another thread here about how many WTA players (and fashion models) are close or over 6' these days. Wonder Woman should be a giant compared to normal women.

I haven't seen Alexandra Daddario in anything yet. But a bunch of her movies are on my list. Cobie Smulders was Joss Whedon's pick. I think Megan Gale was probably the best physically. If I was in charge, I would find some model that was trying to become an actress and train her for the role.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
This costume would be perfect for the movie.
alexandra daddario in this costume: wao !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote