Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Ned Stark dies

Nooooooooooooooooo!

RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #2142
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

what are the chances Jon could warg into a dragon and kill all those zombies,, he is half stark blood , isnt he?
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #2143
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
what are the chances Jon could warg into a dragon and kill all those zombies,, he is half stark blood , isnt he?
I think approximately - zero?

The whole dragon-warging thing seems overblown to me, at this point. Where's the need? They've proven to be very easy to command, by Dany, and Jon is making nice now as well. He won't need to warg - he'll just ride one.

Bran went on a multi-year journey, part of which was spent utilizing his abilities. Jon's never shown any hint of the same warging or greensight.

In fact, Bran's the only special one. Robb, Sansa and Rickon have never displayed any special traits. Arya developed/learned unique skills, and Jon gained great experience, but his resurrection was by someone else's hand.

I think a more pertinent question about Jon would be: is he fireproof, like Dany?

Jon's clearly the savior. He's fire and ice. The foreshadowing is heavy now - Gilly mentioning Raeghar's marriage... and Sam cutting her off and immediately mentioning the "key to destroying the Night King" (paraphrasing).

Maybe the Stark "ice" blood will allow Jon to touch the Night King, put him in a headlock (lol), and order 'dracarys', and survive the flames?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #2144
johnclone
The Enchantress

So do you think the NK can survive a standard blow from a Dragonglass weapon or would he also shatter into 1,000 pieces like his generals do?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #2145
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
So do you think the NK can survive a standard blow from a Dragonglass weapon or would he also shatter into 1,000 pieces like his generals do?
I would guess because the Night King was made from Dragonglass by The Children of the Forest it wouldn't have the same effect on him as it would on the White Walkers he created. For that same reason I think that's why it's the weakness of the those he creates. Valyrian steel on the other hand may very well be his kryptonite.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #2146
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Hmmm. I'd guess not, since he was made by inserting dragonglass into his heart. The White Walkers are made by some extension of his power, by touching their cheek, apparently. So maybe they're more vulnerable - more brittle, haha.

That leaves Valyrian steel or fire. But Valyrian steel seems equivalent to dragonglass, based on what we've seen so far. That may lead to another '!' moment: Jon tries to kill the Night King with his sword, similar to his White Walker kill, but it doesn't work. NK smiles... then Jon calls in Drogon.

EDIT: Hellboy - great minds, and whatnot...
Old 08-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #2147
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Great NK question and answers. Never thought of that.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #2148
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
EDIT: Hellboy - great minds, and whatnot...
totally.

Another possibility about the NK is the Dragonglass that the Children OTF drove into his chest may still be embedded in him. Not only could it be the reason the WW's are susceptible to it but removing it might be the only way to take him down permanently.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #2149
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
totally.

Another possibility about the NK is the Dragonglass that the Children OTF drove into his chest may still be embedded in him. Not only could it be the reason the WW's are susceptible to it but removing it might be the only way to take him down permanently.
I watched that scene again recently...and it struck me as odd, just how calm the dude was. I mean, he was tied up, anticipating, but when the dagger was being shoved in sooo slowly, he was much more calm than I'd expect (maybe it's just because it was CG, and he didn't act out the "insertion" that well).

I'd think he'd be wriggling and screaming his head off, trying to escape. It's almost like he agreed to it and/or wanted it...

Old 08-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #2150
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd likely chalk up his demeanor to an embrace of the power he was receiving.