Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
sorry but i totally disagree with you.
Call me nuts, but I'm starting to get the feeling we don't share the same tastes at all

I would love to be excited over a WW statue, but while this looks a bit better overall than the DC Direct PF ( though I admit the costuming looks significantly better here) it doesn't come anywhere close to be as exciting to me as the Hughes Serpent diorama...which is probably the best WW statue I've ever seen by a wide margin. Even the WW figure in the Superman Vs WW dio is more attractive to me than this one.

In short, I think there is easily room for SS to come up with a more impressive WW statue in the future, whether it's an LSF, Maquette , or Dio. So rather than splurge on something I'm only half heartedly attracted to, I think it would be wiser for me to just bide my time and wait for something else to come along.

For everyone that get this though, I hope it comes out exceedingly well in the QC department.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The only opinion that counts here is mine and the is Stunning. Now role on the Golden Age and 52 versions.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Looks amazing but I prefer the dcd 1/4 museum statue.... just kidding hahaha. This looks perfect. Fully sculpted? Yes please.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
pdenham
Teen Titans

When SS can better something like this,

in more than just sheer size,
then I'll be as excited as the rest of you.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Call me nuts, but I'm starting to get the feeling we don't share the same tastes at all

I would love to be excited over a WW statue, but while this looks a bit better overall than the DC Direct PF ( though I admit the costuming looks significantly better here) it doesn't come anywhere close to be as exciting to me as the Hughes Serpent diorama...which is probably the best WW statue I've ever seen by a wide margin. Even the WW figure in the Superman Vs WW dio is more attractive to me than this one.

In short, I think there is easily room for SS to come up with a more impressive WW statue in the future, whether it's an LSF, Maquette , or Dio. So rather than splurge on something I'm only half heartedly attracted to, I think it would be wiser for me to just bide my time and wait for something else to come along.

For everyone that get this though, I hope it comes out exceedingly well in the QC department.
with those comments. ok your nuts!

hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder man. if your not impressed with it thats ok.
and its ok for us to disagree.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
pdenham
Teen Titans

Maybe a full reveal will sway me.

Never say never.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Best female PF I've seen from the preview. That Serpent dio does not compare at all.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #28
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
When SS can better something like this,

in more than just sheer size,
then I'll be as excited as the rest of you.
well IMO SS did do better. becasue they too a different approach. that is a nice sculpt. and beautiful. and hey you know what? i agree with you that its one of the best WW sculpts out there. and for people like you. its the best one. and i would have had to of agreed with you up until the time SS came out with this. this PF has a sense of realism which that dio doesn't have. the dio is more directed towards the classic comics in its design and looks. which is nothing wrong with that. but this one here is just as beautiful and just as great IMO. i feel its the best to date not due to its sheer size. but its overall design and sculpt plus the beauty of the portrait and the way they applied the sense of realism to her. that right there is what i love about this piece. and why i say this the best WW to date.
its all about preference man.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #29
DynamicMenace

what are the chances that this goes up for PO and will be released by the end of the year?
Old 12-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
what are the chances that this goes up for PO and will be released by the end of the year?
Pretty much 0. Past 12 days of X'mas reveals have never been pre-orders.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote