Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

PrototypeZ Studio Presents the Dark Planet Series: Space Host

Erick Sosa sculpted Space Host sometime ago and sold it as kit. Now Space Host will only be available through PrototypeZ Studio as a limited edition and numbered resin kit. The edition size will be limited to 200. She will be the first of Erick's original line entitled "Dark Planet". As an exclusive offer, the first 50 orders will have the small arm with gun and the the large parasitic arm. All orders after that will have a choice of either arm, but not both and will be made available as an option after the first 50 are sold.

Space Host will be available for shipping by end of March.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

She looks amazing.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
kangaxx
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

whoa

i thought this was going to be a YamatoUSA piece
kangaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaxx View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

whoa

i thought this was going to be a YamatoUSA piece
Hi Kangaxx. Erick own's the rights to his original lines and he signed on with Yamato to produce these as painted statues (before PrototypeZ was formed) meaning there will only be one paint scheme. But this would go under their fantasy figure line. The Dark Planet series which includes Space Host is exclusive to our Studio and contain more bio-fusioned monsters, one of which will debut shortly.

Other differences: Our resin kits are made of stronger material, less prone to breakage, and will be first generation (basically prototype quality), unlike production pieces that are usually 3rd to 4th generation. These resin kits will be almost identical to the master sculpt so no loss in detail. Plus you have full freedom to paint and customize. It cost more time to strip of paint, sand and repaint if you want to change a production piece.

Also, the Yamato piece will only have the mechanical arm. Only through PrototypeZ Studio will the normal arm be available.

YamatoUSA is a great company and our resin kit is not intended to compete with them but rather an option for those interested in building and painting their own kits.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

She's a great looking statue!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
kangaxx
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
Hi Kangaxx. Erick own's the rights to his original lines and he signed on with Yamato to produce these as painted statues (before PrototypeZ was formed) meaning there will only be one paint scheme. But this would go under their fantasy figure line. The Dark Planet series which includes Space Host is exclusive to our Studio and contain more bio-fusioned monsters, one of which will debut shortly.

Other differences: Our resin kits are made of stronger material, less prone to breakage, and will be first generation (basically prototype quality), unlike production pieces that are usually 3rd to 4th generation. These resin kits will be almost identical to the master sculpt so no loss in detail. Plus you have full freedom to paint and customize. It cost more time to strip of paint, sand and repaint if you want to change a production piece.

Also, the Yamato piece will only have the mechanical arm. Only through PrototypeZ Studio will the normal arm be available.

YamatoUSA is a great company and our resin kit is not intended to compete with them but rather an option for those interested in building and painting their own kits.
wow thanks for the reply

i am looking forward to add this piece to my collection and really excited to see future PrototypeZ ladies
kangaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #7
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaxx View Post
wow thanks for the reply

i am looking forward to add this piece to my collection and really excited to see future PrototypeZ ladies
no worries Kangaxx. if you like the ladies, then wait till you hear what we have in store for you. It will be the perfect partnership with one, if not the best, illustrator in the industry. We'll definitely make the announcement once we have confirmation. thank you for your support. any other question, shoot away, i'll try my best to answer them for you.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #8
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
She's a great looking statue!
thanks G. "she brings sexy back" but in a dangerous, don't touch me, i'll devour you with my left arm, kind of way.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

She's hot !!
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
She's hot !!
you should see the paint-up's that our fellow forum members have done on this beauty (see the painter's section). Erick did the paint-up on this one and went more conservative, other's went more risque