Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #1001
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thank you very much Alex, I appreciate this attention.

I have an other question about the Legendary Scale Figure. Can you tell me if the LSF line is only reserved for licenses such as Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics, or Predator? Or can we expect to see more products on others licenses like Lord of the Rings?
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #1002
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I know it's been asked already, but is the Mythos line still being worked on? It was one of the best selling lines up to now and still no news.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #1003
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hi Alex, I'm unaware if this has been asked before concerning the new Spider-Man Comiquette line, but do you know of any information on the continuation of the line once the new 1:5 Spider-Man is released? I'm asking about Spider-Man's villains in particular. I think it'd be great news to collectors for Sideshow to continue the line with a new Venom, Carnage, and Green Goblin. Or, Sideshow can mix it up with a new slew of villains. Dr. Octopus and Sandman, for example. What do you think? Thank you.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #1004
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Can we expect the new Godzilla piece anytime soon?
GM4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #1005
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Hey Alex, I don't mean to sound like you don't know what your talking about but is there a chance that a 1/4 Bane will come out sooner than you say?
GM4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #1006
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSA, i wanted to know. i understand the whole aspect of rewards points and all and how they work and when they get added to your wallet.
but why arent the rewards points added immediately to your RP wallet when you make a purchase of an in stock item? or are they?

if they are not. they should be. any chance for them to be if they arent?
Reward points are applied for use 40 days after an item has shipped. That will not be changing anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy View Post
Hi SSALex,

Will there be a Nolan-verse Batman PF or Joker in the future? i believe i have seen some sneak pictures of Bale Batman and Ledger Joker in the past.

thanks
Very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcat View Post
I'm very excited about the Hellboy PF coming later this year. SS worked closely with Mike Mignola to create that piece. Do you see the collaboration expanding further? Perhaps with an Abe, Lobster Johnson or Witchfinder PF?

Does SS utilize any 3-D printing with their products? Do you think that technology could be applied to your production manufacturing?

So far with the dc license we've seen the more iconic and widely known characters, will you branch out to more obscure characters like Batwoman and the female question, or say the cast of Sandman characters? Planetary? Tom Strong?

Has the company ever thought about expanding to statues based on professional wrestling? Wrestling has such a long, intricate and colorful history, they're kind of real life super heroes I feel like there is a lot of potential for a line like that.

Anyway, thank you for your time, it's much appreciated!
I really do not know if there will be more characters produced after the Hellboy PF.

Wrestling based collectibles are not in any future plans that I'm aware of.

More obscure DC characters are always a possibility but all the heavy hitters would come first.

Yes, 3D printing has been used from time to time but there is still a good amount of work that is done once that 3D printed item is outputted (additional sculpt work has to be done, etc.). Given the work that does have to be done to a piece after it is printed I don't foresee the viability of producing pieces in this manner (at least not at this time and probably not for many more years given all the additional work that has to be done to have an unpainted/fully assembled item first and foremost). This is really as far as my knowledge base goes for 3D printing though as I really do not work closely with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Thank you very much Alex, I appreciate this attention.

I have an other question about the Legendary Scale Figure. Can you tell me if the LSF line is only reserved for licenses such as Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics, or Predator? Or can we expect to see more products on others licenses like Lord of the Rings?
I really do not know if there is a limitation (license wise) to the LSF line. As of right now the focus has been on bigger licenses (with the exception of the Reaper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I know it's been asked already, but is the Mythos line still being worked on? It was one of the best selling lines up to now and still no news.
It was a very popular line and one that we really loved being able to put out. Whether the line will continue or not I just do not know at this point as I've not been given any news that it would not continue sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Hi Alex, I'm unaware if this has been asked before concerning the new Spider-Man Comiquette line, but do you know of any information on the continuation of the line once the new 1:5 Spider-Man is released? I'm asking about Spider-Man's villains in particular. I think it'd be great news to collectors for Sideshow to continue the line with a new Venom, Carnage, and Green Goblin. Or, Sideshow can mix it up with a new slew of villains. Dr. Octopus and Sandman, for example. What do you think? Thank you.
Yup...this has indeed been asked about a page back or so. Black Cat is the only future piece in the Campbell line that I'm aware of at the moment. I really do not know if the line will expand beyond her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Can we expect the new Godzilla piece anytime soon?
I just answered this question a few times just a few pages back. I may have to add this one to my FAQ list, ha! The hope is to show something of the upcoming Godzilla piece by the time the movie releases (if not before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, I don't mean to sound like you don't know what your talking about but is there a chance that a 1/4 Bane will come out sooner than you say?
As I've said in the past...Bane is a possibility but I know there are a lot of other characters in the pipeline currently.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #1007
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSA, i wanted to know. i understand the whole aspect of rewards points and all and how they work and when they get added to your wallet.
but why arent the rewards points added immediately to your RP wallet when you make a purchase of an in stock item? or are they?

if they are not. they should be. any chance for them to be if they arent?
Isn't the return policy 30 days? If so, that is likely the reason for the points going into your account after 40 days. They have to make sure that you actually keep the item to deserve the points. If they give you the points immediately, you could use the points and then return the item. At that point, how are they going to recover those points?
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #1008
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Isn't the return policy 30 days? If so, that is likely the reason for the points going into your account after 40 days. They have to make sure that you actually keep the item to deserve the points. If they give you the points immediately, you could use the points and then return the item. At that point, how are they going to recover those points?
That's exactly why.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #1009
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That's exactly why.
aaahh ha, yes ..well thank you JG. this answers my question.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #1010
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

More obscure DC characters are always a possibility but all the heavy hitters would come first.
Dear Alex, I love DC obscure characters more than some of their mainstream ones

Could you help me to find out if Sideshow has plans for a Brainiac PF? He is one of the most dangerous JLA villains in the DC Universe and a perfect villain for Superman PF

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote