Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #11
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlieut
Here are some recommendations: Equilibrium from Korea--awesome DTS track, Hulk from Brazil--DTS and a better cover w/ green case, Boondock Saints from Japan--uncut, slightly bloodier, Army of Darkness--Region 3, uncut, has the topless shot, Terminator 3 Region 3 DTS track, Last of the Mohicans from Brazil--only way to get theatrical cut, Spaced from UK--funny ass TV show.

oh yeah, good one bro, I gotta get that equilibrium dvd...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I agree, check out the Infernal Affairs trilogy, or at least the first 2. Great stuff there.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #13
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I got an apex a few years ago still works like a charm.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #14
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I agree, check out the Infernal Affairs trilogy, or at least the first 2. Great stuff there.
I've seen the first Infernal Affairs on region 0 DVD. Pretty good.

Ghost, did you check out that Cowbop bebop set I bought? Click the link in the first post...
Old 09-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #15
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I've seen the first Infernal Affairs on region 0 DVD. Pretty good.

Ghost, did you check out that Cowbop bebop set I bought? Click the link in the first post...

Yeah that's one badass set! I actually picked up a couple of region free sets from this local anime shop here, it's all the dvds and the casing but nothing like yours, it's still official and was only $50. After I spent $110 on the Neon Genesis Set, I found these and picked up the Trigun set for $50 as well then Cowboy Bebop. Plus the Bebop movie. They're still great looking sets and 1/3rd the price which I can afford. You should pick up the Kill Bill Box sets if you still can. I got both, definitely worth it especially for the vol 1. But vol 2. has some nice goodies as well.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #16
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Yeah that's one badass set! I actually picked up a couple of region free sets from this local anime shop here, it's all the dvds and the casing but nothing like yours, it's still official and was only $50. After I spent $110 on the Neon Genesis Set, I found these and picked up the Trigun set for $50 as well then Cowboy Bebop. Plus the Bebop movie. They're still great looking sets and 1/3rd the price which I can afford. You should pick up the Kill Bill Box sets if you still can. I got both, definitely worth it especially for the vol 1. But vol 2. has some nice goodies as well.

yeah, I thought about those kill bill sets, but there is still the rumor of a US special release/directors cut of Kill Bill, so I guess I'm holding off for those.

Same with GITS 2nd gig, the US special editions are going to be released in fancy tin cases and I like those better than any of the asian releases so far. Meh, I know they're way more expensive, but fu$# it.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #17
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
yeah, I thought about those kill bill sets, but there is still the rumor of a US special release/directors cut of Kill Bill, so I guess I'm holding off for those.

Same with GITS 2nd gig, the US special editions are going to be released in fancy tin cases and I like those better than any of the asian releases so far. Meh, I know they're way more expensive, but fu$# it.

Oh I know they're releasing a special double director's cut set of Kill Bill 1&2, I've seen it lol and I still got these cause the extras were just too sweet to pass up. You get a book with some inside info and concepts, some cards, a Kubrick bear in the yellow Bride's outfit, a tshirt and a mini Hanzo sword with display. Also it has the House of Blue Leaves fight scene uncensored, with extra cuts in it for the japanese version. Vol 2, has a shirt as well, a Pai Mei keychain, a kubrick bear in white and in a coffin, and one more thing I believe.
Hell I even bought both separate US released dvds, plus i have my own bootleg copy. I just couldn't get enough of the Killing of the Bill
Old 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

DTS is also essential for any decent DVD player. I buy most of my DVD's from Amazon or Amazon.co.uk so regions aren't that important to me. However, the player i have is region free. Pioneer are excellent players.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #19
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
DTS is also essential for any decent DVD player. I buy most of my DVD's from Amazon or Amazon.co.uk so regions aren't that important to me. However, the player i have is region free. Pioneer are excellent players.
word bro, the player I got is a denon (my reciever is a denon as well). DTS of course yo.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Denon make some very nice gear. I have a Yamaha reciever. Great sound.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote