Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #371
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
jeez guys at least wait till they show before saying you're out :P while it seems like it may be that evolution is there really any harm in waiting a little? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
This is the forum dao....maybe the name of this forum should change to jumping the gun forum.com.

I'm not going to even continue typing about this anymore. Just wait and see to hopefully see the reveal in 3d form at the show. I don't think it will be down there in printed form. That's probably a ways off.
Why? Why should anyone have to wait to see it. Sometimes information alone is enough to make a decision. Some see the price tag and immediately know, regardless of how great it is, that they don't want to spend that money. Some people are okay with price, but don't want a statue of three people. A 1/4 diorama takes up more space than some have.

I'll go on record and say I'm not trying to get this. I can afford it, but I don't want to afford it. I don't care enough about Vader, or Sar Wars in general to lay out the money, time or hassle. A 1/4 dio of Thor fighting frost Giants? Sure. A 1/4 dio of prince Adam turning into He-Man? Yep. Or The fellowship fighting off a swarm of orcs? I'd pay 3 to 4 grand. So no, I don't have to wait to see it. No, I'm not jumping the gun. I can make a rational decision based off of info alone.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #372
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yup. Not to keep beating about it, but as good as it is, it doesn't make much business sense imho. There's enough lack of sense to pass on it without seeing anything else, sadly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #373
built2shred
Phoenix

I have no doubt that Vader will be quick sell out.... Just way to many Star Wars fans out there...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #374
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have no doubt that Vader will be quick sell out.... Just way to many Star Wars fans out there...
If the ES is over 1,000 than I can see a situation where collectors will pass based on the fact that too many will be produced to justify the high cost. Prime 1 is having that problem with several pieces in their Transformers line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #375
Nebiros
A day without sunshine is like... night.

With european prices, this statue will cost 2500-2600 euro. Ridicolous.
Nebiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #376
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
With european prices, this statue will cost 2500-2600 euro. Ridicolous.
On this point i can agree, the EU shops will be very expensive with this piece.

Would be funny to see how many they can sell.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #377
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hope that XM dont allow that in eu store price rise much
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #378
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Why? Why should anyone have to wait to see it. Sometimes information alone is enough to make a decision. Some see the price tag and immediately know, regardless of how great it is, that they don't want to spend that money. Some people are okay with price, but don't want a statue of three people. A 1/4 diorama takes up more space than some have.

I'll go on record and say I'm not trying to get this. I can afford it, but I don't want to afford it. I don't care enough about Vader, or Sar Wars in general to lay out the money, time or hassle. A 1/4 dio of Thor fighting frost Giants? Sure. A 1/4 dio of prince Adam turning into He-Man? Yep. Or The fellowship fighting off a swarm of orcs? I'd pay 3 to 4 grand. So no, I don't have to wait to see it. No, I'm not jumping the gun. I can make a rational decision based off of info alone.
C'mon J what you are saying of course makes sense because the things you just mentioned are all things you have a high affinity for. Star Wars I take it is not in the same league as Thor for both you and I, but what we are talking about is people are jumping the gun with the assumption of what Vader is and no one knows hide nor hair about what it is?

What if the Vader (keeping in dynamic poses of XM) is Vader force choking one rebel alliance while there is another alliance member laying defeated on the ground? Now that is technically three statues in one (although this lends itself more to a dio). What if the statue is labeled a Vader statue but actually incorporates Luke and maybe Obi or something in a dynamic battle scene? For you....may not matter, but for big Star Wars fans that like XM it could in fact be a big deal.

So understand what dao and I are talking about. Now Raas whats a Vader by himself and maybe some others do, so if that is what they want ONLY, then understandable they will pass. But one thing you can say about SW fans, they will plunker down some massive money for a great product. I'm not the hugest SW fan, but if it is a great concept and great executed statue, I will buy it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #379
Thor57
Teen Titans

I completely get what you're saying. I also have no doubt it'll be awesome. I'm just saying from information given so far is enough to cause some people to say "Welp, I'm out."
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #380
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
That's definitely understandable. That's why when people were saying Vader is so ordered...I was chuckling inside thinking...these people don't have a clue as to how big or how much this thing is going to cost.

I was like this the whole time.

Add to the fact this is not a worldwide license....makes it even more understandable for some looking forward to it to go...I'm out.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote