Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

The Avengers might host Oscars 2019.

They're having a hard time finding one host, and they're running out of time to prepare. So, Disney (which owns ABC, the network that airs the Oscars) might just get a whole bunch of Marvel actors to group host the event.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...lecast-1174867
Old 01-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bunch of subversive hypocrites patting themselves on the back. Making a spectacle and proselytizing in an echo chamber. A Giant circle jerk as they mock and scorn the people they make millions off of. WHO in their right mind would watch an award ceremony full of narcissist snobs who wear dresses worth more than most make in a year give disingenuous speeches and biting the hands that feed them?! I've never sat long enough to watch an entire Oscars, I can barely sit for an hour at my son's Christmas concert and he's my son, so there's no way in hell I'm gonna watch a bunch of phony people who make their living LITERALLY LYING to you and whom I care nothing about and in some cases despise prattle on and on about how they did their job in most cases on films I've never seen and wouldn't watch if someone paid me and neither would you if you're being honest.

The proles used to eat this whole Charade up but now they got a little wiser, similar to Pavlov's dog, only they were negatively conditioned, you can only kick someone so many times before the jig is up, and now ratings are in the can because the majority of the imbeciles figured it out and aren't having it.
And before some of you crybabies start whining, you can save your fake outrage. The reason this thread hasn't any responses beside mine is because everyone knows what I'm saying is true.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
off
The X-Men

How do you really feel?

Lolz
Old 01-13-2019, 03:06 AM   #4
gomur
The Tick

I would've enjoyed Kevin Hart as host. Hard to feel sorry for millionaires, but he was done wrong. He'd have made it entertaining.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:32 AM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just get Tom Thanks, everyone likes him.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 AM   #6
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Bunch of subversive hypocrites patting themselves on the back. Making a spectacle and proselytizing in an echo chamber. A Giant circle jerk as they mock and scorn the people they make millions off of. WHO in their right mind would watch an award ceremony full of narcissist snobs who wear dresses worth more than most make in a year give disingenuous speeches and biting the hands that feed them?! I've never sat long enough to watch an entire Oscars, I can barely sit for an hour at my son's Christmas concert and he's my son, so there's no way in hell I'm gonna watch a bunch of phony people who make their living LITERALLY LYING to you and whom I care nothing about and in some cases despise prattle on and on about how they did their job in most cases on films I've never seen and wouldn't watch if someone paid me and neither would you if you're being honest.

The proles used to eat this whole Charade up but now they got a little wiser, similar to Pavlov's dog, only they were negatively conditioned, you can only kick someone so many times before the jig is up, and now ratings are in the can because the majority of the imbeciles figured it out and aren't having it.
And before some of you crybabies start whining, you can save your fake outrage. The reason this thread hasn't any responses beside mine is because everyone knows what I'm saying is true.
I agree. Personally even though I was a kid, I knew it was all BS when Star Wars lost to Annie Hall for best picture. They couldn't lower themselves to give it to a "kids movie". Well Star Wars was revolutionary to the film industry and deserved it! So early on I gave up on them. I did see Annie Hall at some point and have no memory of it now. Something about a cooking scene or something. So agreed and lately yes... Eff them and their condescension and hypocrisy.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:38 AM   #7
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post

...Is the show hurting you? Do you need a safe space?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #8
Mister H
Gen 13

Wow, the Oscars huh? Can’t remember the last time I watched it. I think it was when Return of the King ran away with everything. It’s definitely just a magnet for controversy now. Movies in general are pretty bad now, so IMO, the “best” in each category doesn’t carry a lot of weight. Too many remakes, re-imaginings, and agendas. For me anyway.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
...Is the show hurting you? Do you need a safe space?
Don't shoot the messenger. They don't hurt me because I am not watching them and apparently no one else is either HA!! hah
Old 01-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I really like awards shows, since I think it's important to acknowledge people's work. Everybody wants to have professional recognition, no matter what field of work they are involved with. Besides, it's a nice way to promote films that the general public wouldn't even hear about otherwise.

The problem with the Oscars is that they are far from being consistent and they lost a lot of their credibility in the last years. When we have so many great films coming year after year, it's hard to understand why they keep being ignored. And then we have Jennifer Lawrence, who votes for the Oscars, saying she didn't watch all movies that are in the competition.

I like the Oscars, but there are far more prestigious and relevant film awards in my opinion.
Closed Thread