Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #211
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The way his legs are placed on the new one, it makes it much less likely. Something tells me SS noticed this leaning issue on the original, and made adjustments for this new one. Why else would they have changed the shape of the scythe?
I can't tell anything about the legs in either one between the dark pictures and robe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
That sucks SSJ. It's like all they know how to do and spend the most money on is marketing. They design all these eye candy statues that look good on the outside without ever truly thinking of engineering the piece to stand the test of time. It's like buying a vehicle or sports car with all these attention grabbing features, only to find out that twenty thousand miles later, you bought an unreliable piece of ---- under the hood that sometimes will cost you hundreds to get fixed. Their poorly engineered Wolverine LSF also comes to mind. What a waste of two grand, man.
That's what I have concluded Sideshow is mostly. A bunch of pie in the sky artists. They just hand it off to the factories to figure out how to reproduce these things. That is why I understand their relationship gives the factories more control than we realize.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #212
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
My drom is leaning and pretty pissed about it for one it was very expensive piece and it's one of my favorite LOTR pieces...

They were silly not to make it more stable plus the rider is leaning to the weaker side ??? Sideshow??

Sarah
I was really worried that could happen to mine, so i sold it. That just flat out sucks. Leaning on one statue every once in a blue moon is possible, but the 89 Batman, DROM, Reaper LSF, Wolverine LSF are all pretty recent. I could be forgetting some. That's unacceptable. SS should be offering refunds for leaning issues if the product has a history of doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
That sucks SSJ. It's like all they know how to do and spend the most money on is marketing. They design all these eye candy statues that look good on the outside without ever truly thinking of engineering the piece to stand the test of time. It's like buying a vehicle or sports car with all these attention grabbing features, only to find out that twenty thousand miles later, you bought an unreliable piece of ---- under the hood that sometimes will cost you hundreds to get fixed. Their poorly engineered Wolverine LSF also comes to mind. What a waste of two grand, man.
On most SS pieces, that's why I don't mind waiting down the road to pick up their stuff cause if someone has had something displayed for 3 years and it hasn't shown any issues, it will prolly last in the long run.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #213
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I can't tell anything about the legs in either one between the dark pictures and robe.
look at in hand pics. The leg positioning is different. The new designed base might also assist with this too.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #214
mikman42
Nightwing

Also they have shown no pictures of his leg armour will it have the same lions on his knee armour and religious caricaturs on his calfs? plus people should read about these issues with statues with low #es high value $ before trusting SS with their hard earned dollars on the new Spiderman P.F. standing up without issue.
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #215
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Guys need help here. I found helmet head and the sword arm from version 1. Only thing is im wondering if version 2 allow interchangeables from version 1? I'm guessing yes since it's pretty much same cast....I called SSC but they weren't sure yet
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #216
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Most of us on here will not have definitive yes or no answer ! I'm assuming you will be able to as I don't think head and arms are all attached to body as one piece! Then again I'd hate to have yoi spend the money on the pieces and not be able to display them... Good luck ..

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #217
azurepred
Zot

I also wonder if the paint would even match in that case.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #218
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Good point. Anyhow I'm going to take a chance at it. Most likely they will able to swap.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #219
azurepred
Zot

post results, i may try and do the same if it works out
Old 11-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #220
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I'd also be worried about the magnets working together.
I think this guy has magnets right? Can't remember. Been a while since I switched anything out on it.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote