Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #71
Vader
Ghost

I want out of the hobby altogether. Elite will be the last set of statues I will cancel. They are the best quality for sure.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #72
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Contemplating if I really NEED this . I have the maquette already and the first bust. Tough decision.
did you like the maquette or the bust?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #73
Vader
Ghost

i have the guyver maquette on order. I'm considering cancelling too. can't afford this hobby anymore.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #74
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Dang it was hoping at least you were still keeping this.
I gave them a call and something tells me from the guy's tone they had a lot of cancels.
Thinking this industry is about sopping wet.
Sorry man, It's just getting harder for me to justify the prices alone. I wouldn't doubt it as this Guyver wasn't in the Manga, so people prolly don't want to fork over the cash. If I can get it for retail down the road without paying the Ca luxury price, I may reconsider it, but bad timing right now for me. Paying off the CC is first in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
did you like the maquette or the bust?
I like them both
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #75
Vader
Ghost

is the zoanoid maquette really nice? are you going to cancel your guyver maquette too? I have no idea what to buy these days. everything is nice. But space and cash is too limited.

I was buying the guyver bust and the zoanoid guyver bust. I passed on the zoanoid maquette and was not sure if I'd keep the guyver maquette.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #76
qz33
Doctor Doom

You didn't ask me but I'll offer up what I think.

For me I just don't think the license is popular enough. 100 ES worldwide sounds about right.
Looks wise I would probably like this even more than the original Guyver bust had it come out first. That bust is in the top 4 pieces I own.

azurepred so you're in Cali and have to pay sales tax, is that what you mean by Ca luxury price?
I really don't understand how shipping could be almost 1/3 more than the 1st Guyver bust from 2 years ago especially as that was already a lot. As has been said though hopefully there are no imperfections.

Still think this could be one of the sickest pieces in any collection so I guess I'll find out this Friday. Hope I have more energy by then because right now I'd be too tired to open it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:58 PM   #77
Vader
Ghost

do you prefer the guyver bust to this one??
Old 08-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #78
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
do you prefer the guyver bust to this one??
I have the guyver. one of my favorites too.

Passed on the zoanoid maquette.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 AM   #79
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
is the zoanoid maquette really nice? are you going to cancel your guyver maquette too? I have no idea what to buy these days. everything is nice. But space and cash is too limited.

I was buying the guyver bust and the zoanoid guyver bust. I passed on the zoanoid maquette and was not sure if I'd keep the guyver maquette.
it's nice, but I bet the bust has better presence. I will be keeping the maquette to complete the set. Will be too hard to find one on the aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You didn't ask me but I'll offer up what I think.

For me I just don't think the license is popular enough. 100 ES worldwide sounds about right.
Looks wise I would probably like this even more than the original Guyver bust had it come out first. That bust is in the top 4 pieces I own.

azurepred so you're in Cali and have to pay sales tax, is that what you mean by Ca luxury price?
I really don't understand how shipping could be almost 1/3 more than the 1st Guyver bust from 2 years ago especially as that was already a lot. As has been said though hopefully there are no imperfections.

Still think this could be one of the sickest pieces in any collection so I guess I'll find out this Friday. Hope I have more energy by then because right now I'd be too tired to open it.

the license is defn not popular enough, but the fan base is there. The in hand pics look really good so far, so I think you'll like it. Yes, I meant that from the sales tax in this state along with ridiculous shipping costs. I just sent a CM Pred across the country for $330. If I didn't have the maquette coming in sometime this year more than likely, I would've kept this for sure. Hopefully, you get a good one.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #80
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

ya will be hard to come by in the aftermarket, especially for BUST. And this is 1/1 scale, the ultimate size for bust.
As for maquette, there is room for improvement especially the pose, the dull base and non-interchangeable accessories.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote