Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #21
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What about Skeletor riding Panthor?

Only down side is can't sell them as separates.

Hell yeah
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #22
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by niishanth View Post
Has Jerry / PCS confirmed that they will be doing a Filmation Battle Cat? Also is there a He Man on Battle Cat planned in the future? If these two are in the making then it changes a lot of things for those who bought the Filmation He Man earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Jerry,

Will you also be doing a BattleCat for the filmation line?

Thanks!
Maybe next year. I dont want to take away from the current BC
Really generous of Jerry to even say that given that he is going to be trying to sell the Mixed Media one first but that's just how nice he is. With products that have this kind of a time line for turnaround and price nothing is ever really confirmed until you see it and even then who knows just like with the Chun-Li diorama. He has not said anything specifically about He-Man riding Battle-Cat.

Even with He-Man riding Battle-Cat there are some images so iconic that many fans would want both. I mean I want them a riding dio but no way I could pass up his sword held high from the transformation sequence.

For my own wishes I would love it if Jerry would use the same sculpt from the earlier He-Man to create different poses. He could do Prince Adam in the same pose with a switch out arm pulling out the sword from behind and holding it up right before he says "By the Power of Grayskull" just like the previous Filmation statue.

I would buy them all. To be honest I don't think the license for the line can survive for years to come only on secondary characters yet to be released. There is a demand for the flagship characters and so variations are perfectly justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
You beat me too it, I've been thinking what you have just said, what I don't have is a statue like skelly riding Panthor. You could have skeletor standing on a small base area keeping costs down instead of huge base like filmation base, have magnet parts so he can sit on Panthor, then have him come with the thrown giving 3 display options. The cost would be more but boy I'd love him on that bone thrown.
I don't think a single product's price could support 3 different display options.

When Jerry first got the license he posted a poll between 4 different He-Man images from straight Filmation to more customized ultra realistic He-Man. The 2nd choice was the winner. It was straight Filmation with realistic touches like more boot fur detail, shading, deeper cuts, etc. It looked like the Filmation designs brought into the real world.

My ideal dream would be for He-Man riding Battle-Cat and Skeletor on his bone throne to be companion centerpices done in the same very true Filmation yet realistic style. That would give us very true Filmation styles in the usual 1/4, a custom realistic He-Man in the Mixed Media lineand then a 3rd option for blend.

He has mentioned doing 1/3 Filmation which I would love to be these dios but I understand that would probably be far too large for most people.
I would prefer the Filmation riding He-Man and Skeletor Bone Throne dios over 1/3s.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #23
cgdc
The Herculoids

Will Panthor be flocked?
cgdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdc View Post
Will Panthor be flocked?
Hope not as it would likely not be that great and wouldn't look worse next to Battle-Cat.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #25
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Really generous of Jerry to even say that given that he is going to be trying to sell the Mixed Media one first but that's just how nice he is. With products that have this kind of a time line for turnaround and price nothing is ever really confirmed until you see it and even then who knows just like with the Chun-Li diorama. He has not said anything specifically about He-Man riding Battle-Cat.

Even with He-Man riding Battle-Cat there are some images so iconic that many fans would want both. I mean I want them a riding dio but no way I could pass up his sword held high from the transformation sequence.

For my own wishes I would love it if Jerry would use the same sculpt from the earlier He-Man to create different poses. He could do Prince Adam in the same pose with a switch out arm pulling out the sword from behind and holding it up right before he says "By the Power of Grayskull" just like the previous Filmation statue.

I would buy them all. To be honest I don't think the license for the line can survive for years to come only on secondary characters yet to be released. There is a demand for the flagship characters and so variations are perfectly justified.

I don't think a single product's price could support 3 different display options.

When Jerry first got the license he posted a poll between 4 different He-Man images from straight Filmation to more customized ultra realistic He-Man. The 2nd choice was the winner. It was straight Filmation with realistic touches like more boot fur detail, shading, deeper cuts, etc. It looked like the Filmation designs brought into the real world.

My ideal dream would be for He-Man riding Battle-Cat and Skeletor on his bone throne to be companion centerpices done in the same very true Filmation yet realistic style. That would give us very true Filmation styles in the usual 1/4, a custom realistic He-Man in the Mixed Media lineand then a 3rd option for blend.

He has mentioned doing 1/3 Filmation which I would love to be these dios but I understand that would probably be far too large for most people.
I would prefer the Filmation riding He-Man and Skeletor Bone Throne dios over 1/3s.
Holy smokes you are clearly the BornFree of the He-Man world
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #26
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Holy smokes you are clearly the BornFree of the He-Man world
Thanks, nice compliment as he is one of the best statueforum members especially in the PCS section. Wish I had that smooth Mark style and were as good as he is at the forums and making videos.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #27
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Thanks, nice compliment as he is one of the best statueforum members especially in the PCS section. Wish I had that smooth Mark style and were as good as he is at the forums and making videos.
Is this your alt account, Mark?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #28
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

I'd buy this in 1/4 or 1/3. I think there are a lot of people who missed the original release for one reason or another. This would be a great way to bring more people into the Filmation line and perhaps extend its life a bit.

As for Skeletor and Panthor, I envision they'll be on a Snake Mountain themed base with a ledge facing the opposite way as (toward) He-Man and Battlecat. It would be cool if Skeletor were standing straight up and Panthor was positioned in a stalking stance at Skeletor's side as if he'd just walked around him to reveal himself. Something like this where he is coming out from behind Skeletor:

It is highly unlikely Skeletor will be on a throne due to cost since Panthor will be expensive. Plus it doesn't go with He-Man and Battle Cat.

I also doubt Skeletor will ride Panthor simply because you can't sell them individually.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #29
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
I'd buy this in 1/4 or 1/3. I think there are a lot of people who missed the original release for one reason or another. This would be a great way to bring more people into the Filmation line and perhaps extend its life a bit.
Agree, I would buy it as well and replace the original with this version. 100% Filmation this time and no problems displaying since it wouldn't be as tall as the original release. I want to display them all together but that original He-man is just too tall for my shelves.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #30
Timothy
The Spirit

I ordered He-Man and Battle Cat. Now, all I need is a matching Skeletor and Panthor. I am excited to have a shot at owning both sets.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote