Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
Python
Omega Red

Star Trek Discovery

Just saw this, sounds interesting. I didn't like Enterprise at all but I'm happy to see more Trek.

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-...s-january-2017

So what would people like to see from a new series?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

A galactic Zombie apocalypse where the Enterprise crew (piloting NCC-1701Z) is off knocking off Zombies on different planets.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Sounds interesting but I am not keen on it only being available on their streaming service. CBS doesn't have near enough shows that interest me to get me to subscribe to their streaming service and this one Star Trek show won't change that. It will most likely show up on Netflix, iTunes, and other streaming services eventually so I'll just wait.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'd like to see a Star Trek show that follows the adventures of the Borg. It starts off as they assimilate some culture into the collective, stripping it of all of it's individuality and replacing it with a cold stale collective serving attitude. But what if some race they encounter actually only appears to be assimilated but really is still free and begins to work to destroy the Borg from within? So in order to stop their destruction, the Borg have to create special drones to infiltrate the ranks of those who are plotting against them and try to discover what they have that keeps them from being assimilated, neutralize it, and assimilate them. But then as things progress, the infiltrators start to turn on the Borg also, so there's all kinds of confusion as to who is loyal and who isn't. There have been several episodes of Star Trek shows based on this idea, I'd like to see a whole series. They could call it Star Trek - Borg Underground.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Sounds interesting but I am not keen on it only being available on their streaming service.
I think they need something to draw people in to this service which I didn't even know existed, but now due to a new ST show I do. I've been jonesing for a new ST show for years, but I'm disappointed that this is how they're choosing to launch it. I'm a big Trek fan but I'll have to see how this looks before deciding whether I want to pay to watch it. Way of the world I guess.

I wonder if it will take place in the current movie universe or the old universe? Probably the new, but I wish it was the other, so much more established history there.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #6
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Get back to the roots. Intellectual and adventure.
Bring it home for gawd sake.

It's called Star TREK.
Trek noun
a journey or trip, especially one involving difficulty or hardship.

The mission to explore and expand human knowledge by taking humanity to the stars, yes lots of drama/action but good Sci Fi and GOOD Trek makes us THINK in new ways!

And if there is ANY effin' doubt what the hell Star Trek is supposed to be about I challenge anyone to do better than this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ErkeFA-QWk
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I think they need something to draw people in to this service which I didn't even know existed, but now due to a new ST show I do. I've been jonesing for a new ST show for years, but I'm disappointed that this is how they're choosing to launch it. I'm a big Trek fan but I'll have to see how this looks before deciding whether I want to pay to watch it. Way of the world I guess.

I wonder if it will take place in the current movie universe or the old universe? Probably the new, but I wish it was the other, so much more established history there.
I hope for the prime universe. JJ Trek is so fouled up they don't even know what Star Fleet is for.

But even if they do, they can still make a good show just be brave and soldier on in the true Trek spirit and be bold and actually make explorative Sci Fi that Trek can deliver so well. Leave JJ Trek behind, that won't be hard.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #8
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Leave JJ Trek behind, that won't be hard.
I actually dig JJ's take on ST. It modernized things for a new younger generation of fans.

As for this new TV show, I'm down with another series. As long as it's nothing like Deep Sleep Nine, I'm good!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #9
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Bryan Fuller is the Showrunner of New STAR TREK Series
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:30 AM   #10
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Sounds interesting but I am not keen on it only being available on their streaming service. CBS doesn't have near enough shows that interest me to get me to subscribe to their streaming service and this one Star Trek show won't change that. It will most likely show up on Netflix, iTunes, and other streaming services eventually so I'll just wait.

I doubt it will be other streaming subscription services as it is a flagship exclusive for their own service. Could see that CBS would sell it on iTunes.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote