Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #11
Augen
The Hulk

I'd like to have a few pieces of characters I like in different lines and scales. Then just enjoy having additional ones of my core characters. I don't see being a completionist of any kind.

Lines I like

1. Bombshells / Gotham City Garag
2. Kotobukiya Bishoujo
3. Tweeterhead
4. Sideshow

DC Heroines like

1. Power Girl
2. Wonder Woman
3. Supergirl
4. Big Barda
5. Black Canary
6. Zatanna
7. Many more
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
4. Big Barda
A Tweeterhead Big Barda would be awesome.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #13
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

My only real goal is a better setup and a bigger display area so I dont seem like such a scifi nerd version of an old lady with fifty cats lol
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #14
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
My only real goal is a better setup and a bigger display area so I dont seem like such a scifi nerd version of an old lady with fifty cats lol
Lol. Good point.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #15
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Personally I’d like to see for my collection the most comprehensive lineup of Marvel Universe characters on one wall with a similar lineup of Dc on an adjacent wall. Mostly 1/6 statues and some other one ups from my childhood throne in here and there.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:30 AM   #16
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Personally I’d like to see for my collection the most comprehensive lineup of Marvel Universe characters on one wall with a similar lineup of Dc on an adjacent wall. Mostly 1/6 statues and some other one ups from my childhood throne in here and there.
I’m hoping Tweeterhead delivers a comprehensive DC line.
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #17
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think that my tastes in collecting change every so often that I do have new goals. For a while I was very happy with the statues that I have but now with Tweeterhead on the scene I realized there were characters that I loved but do not have. When I saw the list that Tweeterhead wants to produce with the SuperPowers line, it made me realize that I do not want the entire line up of the Justice League, only certain characters. That then made me look at my current statues (which are mainly the Avengers) with a different viewpoint and I thought the same that I only want certain characters that are my favorite and would be my ideal Avengers line up (and if you think about it, if any of us would write the Avengers we all have our ideal line up we would put in the book).

The only thing is when (hopefully when) Randy Bowen returns is that my goals could change once again.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #18
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
well, look at it this way

-a person cannot be allergic to statues
-they do not shed or attract fleas
-you do not need a littler box
-they are more visually appealing though some cats are cute)

the only downside is where to store the boxes
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #19
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

When I first started getting into the hobby, I bought random pieces from Sideshow, Bowen, Hot Toys, Kotu, Hard Heroes, and Hollywood Collectibles. I eventually sold them all as I started figuring out what I like the most - which for me are 1/4 statues.

My goals are to assemble a small collection of "grail" statues for the characters I like the most. And also get a good protective display cabinet for them.

Right now I only have one statue in hand - XM Black Bolt. Admittedly I bought this a bit impulsively and I thought Inhumans were going to blow up when the Movie, err, TV Show was released. Now he sometimes goes for less than half of what I paid on eBay! Luckily I love the statue so he's a keeper.

Today I bit the bullet after spending too much time reading threads and picked up / preordered:

Sideshow Wolverine w/ Unmasked Face
XM Dark Phoenix

That covers 2 of my must-haves and fell in love with both immediately which means they are probably keepers.

I'm waiting patiently for statues that are "love at first sight" for:

- Rogue
- Iceman

With Wolverine and Jean those would be my must-haves when something great pops up.

Quicksilver & Gambit are characters I also often look at but it's not consistent, so it will need to really be amazing to spend space on him.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #20
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

I've lately revised my collection goals due to the amount of figures I had that I just didn't truly really want. I initially started collecting mostly anime figures when I moved to Japan years ago as a hobby. I'd go out and casually look around used stores and if I saw something I thought was cool I'd buy it even if I didn't know what it was. Due to this my collection grew steadily but it's a bit all over the place with no real focus on anything specific. Now that I'll be moving back to the states soon I've started to get rid of some of things that I bought as impulse buys.

My short term goal is downsizing some of my anime collection and then to start collecting some 1/3 scale Prime 1 Studio pieces over time.

Attaching a pic of some of my current collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	594.8 KB
ID:	115769  
ghettodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote