Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
Warpath
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Comicsketchart CGC Commissions

Has anyone gone through this website for their convention services? Specifically, I am interested in using them to obtain CGC blank cover commissions from artists. If you have used them, or know someone who has, how was the experience?
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
millville res
Frackin!

I am currently using them for 2 Mark Sparacio commissions. Depending on the artist would depend on wait times. I placed my order July 7,2015 and as of yesterday, I have an ETA of covers finished and then submission through CGC to take place in November. Good communication through the rep (Doug) so I am not worried at all. I hope this helps.
On a side note, onestopcomicshop (Dan) is superb with communication, follow up with artists and picture updates as the sketches are being done.
millville res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #3
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

I haven't used him but hear trust worthy. Expect upcharge for harder to get artists.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
Wah
Shadowhawk

I've actually tried to use their "contact form" link three times to ask some questions and try to get something done, but have not gotten one response back! Not sure what that means, or if something I'm doing wrong, but just haven't gotten a response back. This was done last month, so i dunno.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
Warpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQN117 View Post
I've actually tried to use their "contact form" link three times to ask some questions and try to get something done, but have not gotten one response back! Not sure what that means, or if something I'm doing wrong, but just haven't gotten a response back. This was done last month, so i dunno.
I've had similar issues. I did get a response back once, but elected not to complete the commission request because it was significantly more than expected.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
Warpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by millville res View Post
I am currently using them for 2 Mark Sparacio commissions. Depending on the artist would depend on wait times. I placed my order July 7,2015 and as of yesterday, I have an ETA of covers finished and then submission through CGC to take place in November. Good communication through the rep (Doug) so I am not worried at all. I hope this helps.
On a side note, onestopcomicshop (Dan) is superb with communication, follow up with artists and picture updates as the sketches are being done.
Thanks for the feedback on comicsketchart. Have you used onestopcomicshop for CGC commissions?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #7
millville res
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Thanks for the feedback on comicsketchart. Have you used onestopcomicshop for CGC commissions?
Yes, I did a request for 4 pieces and they were all completed promptly then sent off to CGC. They have not made it back to me yet but I got updates as sketches got completed then again after colours were added. Doug is a great guy and I also had a chance to meet up with him in person at WWChicago and he was awesome.

I am also using his company for a Daniel Govar piece from a recent op and so far, so good.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #8
Wah
Shadowhawk

for those who have gotten responses back from them, how did ya'll contact them? Was it by their contact link or email or whatever other sources? Obviously my attempt using the standard methods on their website has proven useless. Any suggestions as to what else I can do or if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #9
millville res
Frackin!

This is my point of contact.

comicsketchart@gmail.com
Old 10-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by millville res View Post
This is my point of contact.

comicsketchart@gmail.com
Yup, that's the email I used as well. hmm. i dunno then. I guess I'll try one more time and if the fourth time doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be.