Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

View Poll Results: shorten akuma's base?
YES 8 21.62%
NO 29 78.38%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
SONICobra
Bane

shorten akuma's base, yes or no?

just curious what everyone else thinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
That's due to the fact that we improved on Ryu.
The base needs more Seth to acomódate the male pegs coming out of his feet soles. This was done as to secure the statue much better than Ryu and prevent leaning and tons of other QC issues.
You can always use a raiser for him. From now on all our bases will be Akuma's base height.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
People complained that Ryu was too short and requested for Akuma to be taller. So we obligued, Ken will be slightly taller than Ryu but we will make the adjustment gradual.

Also remover Ryu's legs are bending and Akuma's are not. Also Ryu is hunching over.
personally i dont see how after reading that anyone can think its a good idea. i think limiting the artistic and structural integrity of every future statue based solely on the fact that the bases will be a little thicker than the first one released is ridiculous

base size looks perfect as is imo, it really balances the statue out nicely - making a thin disc will look weird and again according to erick himself, possibly lead to future leaning and other qc issues

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I say don't shorten it, stability is fundamental, expecially on larger characters; but at the same time offer for sale some compatibile support to place under Ryu's existing base.

Props for creating the poll, but I think it should have acconted also for opinions on the scale of the statue itself; my vote goes to leave Akuma's scale the same as Ryu's.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
SONICobra
Bane

I didnt realize there was a question about scale, i thought he looked good next to ryu in the pic they posted. they seem to be the same scale to me, these crouching poses throw everyone off just look at the ss bane thread - everyone was saying he was too small but its one of the largest if not the largest statues in my collection even if its its not the tallest
Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
kagero_no_mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I didnt realize there was a question about scale, i thought he looked good next to ryu in the pic they posted. they seem to be the same scale to me, these crouching poses throw everyone off just look at the ss bane thread - everyone was saying he was too small but its one of the largest if not largest statues in my collection (character mass wise)
If you check the question post related to those answers, you'll notice there were two questions, one related to the base and ore related to the character actual size. In fact, the answers were received in two separate posts.

That's why I interpreted them to be two separate issues, but of course I could be wrong.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
SONICobra
Bane

oh i got ya, yeah i think scale is dead on the height difference comes mainly from pose and a little from the base i think. their hands are about the same size so thats always a good indication of scale uniformity
Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
jrsyedb
Fantastic Four

leave the base and scale as is, offer an option to raise Ryu's base, period!
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
kagero_no_mai

I do hope so. But checking size comparison from a pic coming from two separate pics joint together could be misleading..that was the reason behind my question, and, at least to me, the answer seemed to hint to a scale adjustment.

Nontheless, I'll buy all che characters in the line
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #8
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

prefer stability of the line overall. Ryu can just be fixed.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
masterlei13
Birdman

yes for me. a uniform base height would be great for display. i dont really care about the bases anyway. my only concern, as always, is that all 1/6 statues should be at least 11 inches tall. the STATUE ITSELF that is.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:54 PM   #10
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
yes for me. a uniform base height would be great for display. i dont really care about the bases anyway. my only concern, as always, is that all 1/6 statues should be at least 11 inches tall. the STATUE ITSELF that is.
so you don't really care about bases yet you voted to change the base...

you do realize regardless of thickness these bases are completely different and look nothing alike apart from the fact they are both round right?

I assume you also realize - again - regardless of base thickness none of these statues will be the same height due to pose / character height?

so the fact that they will all be on round relatively flat bases and in museum / fight stance poses in the same scale, sculpted in the same style is not uniform enough?