Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #51
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quite a few people on here listed Dishonored as one of their "Top 5" games of last year, so it's possible I didn't give it enough of a shot; but the whole "block a swordblow with your sword/shoot/stab/(and I'm assuming later) use power" mechanic.. the questionable graphics (while annoying, not a gamebreaker for me) and the lack of a story (most reviews say there's next to none.. storyline's important to me, especially in a game that already has lesser graphics and/or fps and sparse game mechanics) means I'm not interested in givng it a second shot.

Next up I'm tryin' the recent Hitman or Far Cry 3.. Hitman seems like it has more of a storyline, but FC3 sounds equally fun.

... and I realize I possibly sound hypocritical saying "reviews don't matter" to me, then following that with "reviews say the storyline's developed, so I'm good..." Storylines can pick up the slack on otherwise-sh!tty games.. so if the storyline's good, I'll give that game the time of day (provided the graphics/gameplay aren't God-awful). This game said the storyline was weak, but gamplay (which I disliked) made up for it. No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
That wouldn't surprise me. I loved EGM magazine reviews back in the day becuase they would have panel of reviewers for each game. Each reviewer would give their likes / dislikes and a score. Not all of them would score the game the same, which is cool because everyone has different tastes. Then they would average out the scores to get the final one. Now I don't take online reviewers seriously. Sometimes I find games they gave a good score I didn't ilke or games they give a low score I liked a lot. I love when a game company release a demo because that way I don't have to rent it if I'm curious about a game. Although a demo sometimes is to short to find out if a game will get better later on. That happened to me with Uncharted, the demo did't really grab me but luckily I bought the game anyways and loved it.

Last edited by Argonus; 03-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #52
Luminous
Cyclops

Recently picked up Playstation Plus. Got the following at either a discount or completely free:

The Walking Dead
Vanquish
Spec Ops: The Line
Eve: Dust 514 beta
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Needless to say, I'll be busy for a while.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #53
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Quite a few people on here listed Dishonored as one of their "Top 5" games of last year, so it's possible I didn't give it enough of a shot; but the whole "block a swordblow with your sword/shoot/stab/(and I'm assuming later) use power" mechanic.. the questionable graphics (while annoying, not a gamebreaker for me) and the lack of a story (most reviews say there's next to none.. storyline's important to me, especially in a game that already has lesser graphics and/or fps and sparse game mechanics) means I'm not interested in givng it a second shot.

Next up I'm tryin' the recent Hitman or Far Cry 3.. Hitman seems like it has more of a storyline, but FC3 sounds equally fun.

... and I realize I possibly sound hypocritical saying "reviews don't matter" to me, then following that with "reviews say the storyline's developed, so I'm good..." Storylines can pick up the slack on otherwise-sh!tty games.. so if the storyline's good, I'll give that game the time of day (provided the graphics/gameplay aren't God-awful). This game said the storyline was weak, but gamplay (which I disliked) made up for it. No thanks!

Both Great Games...Far Cry has a story behind it...Actually pretty good. Out of Both I enjoyed FC3 more...Just sooo much to do in an open world.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #54
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Recently picked up Playstation Plus. Got the following at either a discount or completely free:

The Walking Dead
Vanquish
Spec Ops: The Line
Eve: Dust 514 beta
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Needless to say, I'll be busy for a while.
I was thinking of getting the PS+...Do you always have to keep it to play the games that are Free? or are they downloaded and yours even if you decide to no longer use PS+?

I know the Discounted games are yours because you paid for them.
But I was thinking of getting the Vita with the 13 free games and PS+ included. But don't want to, if a year later I lose the games because I don't like the PS+ for some reason.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #55
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I was thinking of getting the PS+...Do you always have to keep it to play the games that are Free? or are they downloaded and yours even if you decide to no longer use PS+?

But I was thinking of getting the Vita with the 13 free games and PS+ included. But don't want to if a year later I lose the games because I don't like the PS+ for some reason.
you only have access to the freebies as long as you pay for PS+ service
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #56
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Thanks...Guess I'll pass then.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #57
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

almost done with MGR. the dude at the end is one tough hombre.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #58
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

But I was thinking of getting the Vita with the 13 free games and PS+ included. But don't want to, if a year later I lose the games because I don't like the PS+ for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I used to think this was a problem, but then I thought "if I am getting a one year subscription, that is more than enough time to complete quite a few games I get for free". Basically, with the discounts I get for things I pay for and the free content I get, the service will have paid for itself and then some.

Vanquish and Spec Ops are both normally $20 each. Right there, once those games are completed, will have pretty much paid for the service. The only down side is that I don't own physical copies to trade in for credit. Given how much Gamestop gives you for your games, you're really not losing much at all. All this isn't even including the discounts.

I'm really not sure why I didn't get Playstation Plus sooner. I think it's a great service.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #59
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Started playing borderlands 2 and guild wars 2. Both games are freaking fantastic.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #60
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Finishing up Crysis 3 so I can concentrate on Tomb Raider but God of War comes next week. So I'll have to share quality time with Lara and Kratos
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote