Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #511
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Agent Romanoff reporting for duty

So, Scar... oh wait miss N.Romanoff finally arrived at my home last Friday, after crossing half the globe at least two times.
Mine is lucky number #87 (matches my birthyear!)
Was a bit worried after reading about all sorts of issues in this thread, but luckily mine has no obvious problems except some minor lines of silver paint on the backstrap behind her left shoulder.
Eyes seem straight to me (check the pics below!) and guns fit their holsters, with a little help of hairdryer (a must-have device for every secret agent).
She's absolutely MARVELlous!
But wait, aren't Sucker Punch girls as well?
I've got Sweet Pea, Rocket and Blondie on display (and Japanese BD stored in a top secret underground vault, MY PRECIOS!!!), and honestly they're on the same level of perfection (pretty high one, I should say).
SP statues might even earn more "Wow", thanks to tons of eye-catching details in their outfit, while BW's outfit is almost plain black/dark-blue.
Now don't get me wrong, I would never mind having a statue of Scarlett Johanssen done by the masters who brought us SP girls. It's just that I hoped quality level to rise more obviously with years.
Maybe GG are saving all their innovations for "Honey Trap" line (possible, considering their pricing).
But for now, face & bare skin execution is just not on par with Yamato FFG.

Its interesting that BW has no gloss on her lips (which she should have, judging from illustrations on the art box) and almost none on her eyes.
Sucker Punch girls definitely had more, which made them more lifelike.
Besides, skin colour on BW head differs from her chest and fingers (face has darker tone). None of Sucker Punch statues had this issue.
Perhaps the head part was painted separately before it got attached to the body?
And has anyone noticed that Big Bad gun is almost exact (resized) copy of Sweat Pea's machine gun, equipped with Blondie's scope and silencer?

I agree with those of you saying the base is oversized (in fact, bigger that Blondie's one,which is pretty big by itself).
The cubes that came with mine had some residue on the perimeter, so maybe they were glued to the base, but not very well.
I wish the cubes were permanently attached to the base and had a peg for her bent leg, that would make the whole construction more stable.
As it is, assembling gets a bit complicated, especially if you have to do it by yourself (which I would not recommend).
And no matter how you try - you will leave fingerprints on the cubes & base (unless you wear gloves).
Small piece of advice from a long-term Sucker Punch statues owner: before assembling, attach several round silicon pieces to the back side of the base (to prevent scratches).

All in all, I'm happy with the statue and even more happy that she survived overseas shipping and came with no major issues.
Easily the best representation of Scarlett Johanssen to date and hard to best in the future.
GG were ahead of the industry for a few years with their Sucker Punch line, and their level remains up-to-date now, but I hope we will see some development from them in the future.

P.S. Ordered from SpecFiction and absolutely satisfied with their service.

3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #512
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
A quick comparison shot with the Sideshow BW PF.

Great repaint her hair and eye brows were way too dark on production piece.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #513
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
Great repaint her hair and eye brows were way too dark on production piece.
BTW, I didn't touch the eyebrows. I think they work as is. I also believe they are decals and it would be tough to repaint them.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #514
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
BTW, I didn't touch the eyebrows. I think they work as is. I also believe they are decals and it would be tough to repaint them.
Which one do you prefer?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #515
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

From the pictures it looks smaller than Sideshows. Is that the case?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #516
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Which one do you prefer?
Between SS and GG? I like the GG. The face is closer to ScarJo. I also like the pose better. The SS one is probably going to end up on eBay. I like the ScarJo Black Widow, but I don't need two. Plus I need to make room for the GG movie Cap'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
From the pictures it looks smaller than Sideshows. Is that the case?
They are pretty close in size. I think the fabric clothing on the SS adds some bulk and the tall base gives it extra height. But the body proportions and size are pretty darn close.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #517
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No. 68 arrived this morning. She is awesome. My only critique of the piece is with the base. I can live with the glass cubes but the bottom disc is a space killer. I had hoped to display her with IM and the SS BW but that won't work. Its not enough though to diminish the piece.

Also a word of thanks to Spec Fiction who have been brilliant to deal with. The item was well packaged and arrived just in time for XMAS. Thanks guys.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #518
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Congrats Bulls! Glad yours arrived in great condition.

She's a beauty for sure if you happen to get an undamaged one.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #519
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

@jedi_don. Great looking paintwork. You definitely have skills I don't have.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #520
aeumuse
Hydra

No. 451 reporting in...I was blown away~

aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote