Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
FROBAY
Phoenix

Gentle Giant QC Issues

This thread is not meant to bash GG but to bring QC issues to their attention as well as lack of replacements for loyal customers.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-28-2014 at 07:15 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

I ordered a sealed case of 2 Black Widows from one of my Online stores.

One has chipped hair and black hole under nose

Piece of Debris painted over on forehead

I realize the chipped hair is an easy fix. But should I have to fix or touch up things at these prices.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

A chunk of on one of my Artemisia's hair was missing and it was before painting didn't notice it til too late. Ended up using some polystyrene to fix and painted too match. Missing one of the studs on her dress. I used and HO plastic scale wheel set axle point and cut it down to fit. I have to paint it gold but neither should be noticeable.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
FROBAY
Phoenix

I went thru 3 Artemisia statues to get a good one. All 3 had defects. GG offerred no replacements.

Here is just a few problems, I also have lots of red in the hair on top as others have posted here. I have another on order will post here if the same issues are present.

Chip on lip

Broken hair glued back on by factory

Bad seam on dress

Missing spike - spike isn't even in the box
Old 12-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven Gorasd View Post
A chunk of on one of my Artemisia's hair was missing and it was before painting didn't notice it til too late. Ended up using some polystyrene to fix and painted too match. Missing one of the studs on her dress. I used and HO plastic scale wheel set axle point and cut it down to fit. I have to paint it gold but neither should be noticeable.
Cool, but a lot of people don't have your skills.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I was on a downer with GG due to the ridiculous wait times for the Honey Trap line, and just the poor way in which that line has been mismanaged. So, without a second thought I cancelled a number of GG pieces, as I simply didn't want to support the company any longer.

When I saw how (relatively) well these two statues came out, I must admit, I thought I may have acted in haste. Maybe, as a number of people suggested, the wait times (at least) was down to GG ensuring a quality product.....then the horror stories start to come in.

I'm sure that more people have been happy with their purchase than those who aren't...... although, that said, it's far more easy to gauge satisfaction when the numbers are so low. What has really driven the nail into the coffin, is the reportedly bad customer / after sales service. Every company makes mistakes, but the true measure is how they rectify those issues afterwards.

It's likely not just GG but there really does seem to be a worrying trend of increasing prices but a lowering of customer service quality.....and the expectation from companies that people are willing to pay more for a lower quality product. Honestly, the list of companies where a collector should spend their money is getting smaller and smaller......by the looks of things, GG is not on that list!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I bought one Artemisia with many issues, and I had to return it. I have another on order from an online store. After seeing all the issues on the forums, I thought I should grab another off of eBay. One was ending last night, and I asked the seller to take pictures out of the plastic. When he did, he found that a piece of hair had broken off. Also, I noticed the eyes were crossed and there were paint blemishes on the face. I still really want this statue, but it might not happen.
With all that said, I am loving my GG pieces. The female statues are amazing. Whisper variant and Black Widow are standouts in my collection. Also, my Sucker Punch pieces rock (if you are selling a Blondie statue, I am a motivated buyer). I am hesitantly excited for the rest of the Honey Trap line.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Boo Hoo, the extra Black Widow you bought to flip has a flaw so you cant ask for a crazy price like you would like.

Everything I've got from GG has been mint.

Maybe its just bad Karma on your end buddy lol.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That was a harsh comment. I don't know that Frobay deserved that. He is entitled to buy as many pieces as they will sell him. I don't flip, but I don't fault him for trying to bring in some extra cash.

I don't post to bash GG or Sideshow or any other company. However, I know they read the forums, and I think it is good to bring issues to their attention. They both have thousand of dollars from me (enought for a new car in total). If they want to keep me as a customer, they should address these issues. There are always new companies vying for my business (check out Zombee Toy Company's Bride of the Monster NSFW). She is on order.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
Boo Hoo, the extra Black Widow you bought to flip has a flaw so you cant ask for a crazy price like you would like.

Everything I've got from GG has been mint.

Maybe its just bad Karma on your end buddy lol.
Not sure why you continue attacking me with rudeness? I noticed in the print thread you attacked Hellboy and others with your rude comments. Do you ever post anything constructive to the topic of the threads?

Wether I bought 2 black Widows to keep, flip or gift is not really the topic or your concern.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-28-2014 at 09:51 PM.