Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #141
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
None of these titles are part of the New 52 universe. If these bring total titles to 61, then it looks like the New 52 has 43 titles.
So is it called the "Continuing 43" now?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #142
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I may be wrong but, New 52 was just a marketing thing, not a commitment to publishing 52 ongoing titles forever.

I fell in the "no they won't" camp, but will agree that the reboot has had it's share of good, bad and meh. But did anyone expect otherwise?

I maintain that Marvel Now was a better idea where they more or less did a line-wide simultaneous relaunch within continuity. I think DC could have done the same and still could have done the stories they've done up until now, for the most part.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #143
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I may be wrong but, New 52 was just a marketing thing, not a commitment to publishing 52 ongoing titles forever.

I fell in the "no they won't" camp, but will agree that the reboot has had it's share of good, bad and meh. But did anyone expect otherwise?

I maintain that Marvel Now was a better idea where they more or less did a line-wide simultaneous relaunch within continuity. I think DC could have done the same and still could have done the stories they've done up until now, for the most part.
I agree.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #144
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

DC definitely has less than 52 ongoing, in-universe titles shipping right now, and things will continue that way through June at least. I figured they'd use the aftermath of Forever Evil and the appearance of these new weekly comics to move away from the rigid, 52 book approach and finally abandon the New 52 name. But it seems like the name is staying, at least. It's right there in the title of New 52: Future's End. I guess we'll see what happens after the inevitable next event comic they're building to where the Justice League finally confront Darkseid again. That seems like it's the end point of what Johns started at the beginning of the New 52.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #145
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
DC definitely has less than 52 ongoing, in-universe titles shipping right now, and things will continue that way through June at least. I figured they'd use the aftermath of Forever Evil and the appearance of these new weekly comics to move away from the rigid, 52 book approach and finally abandon the New 52 name. But it seems like the name is staying, at least. It's right there in the title of New 52: Future's End. I guess we'll see what happens after the inevitable next event comic they're building to where the Justice League finally confront Darkseid again. That seems like it's the end point of what Johns started at the beginning of the New 52.
They have seemingly shoehorned the "New 52" moniker into referring to their multiverse now.

I sense that Convergence will see the pre-Flashpoint DCU return. Having said that I also think that it will co-exist with the current N52 DCU as opposed to replacing it ala "Earth 2" in the 70's.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #146
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm not even bothering with Convergence. I don't even know what it is. I've been reading Batman but that's it. The rest never lasted past the first arc for me. As to Marvel's making changes within continuity's being a better idea, I also agree though the execution has been spotty and I'm no longer buying titles that were mainstays for me for decades. Again, quality wins out...so I've been continuing to read Daredevil and Thor...All-New X-Men has lost me, Uncanny Avengers has lost me, and Hulk lost me but now I'm back. So, 3 Marvel books and 1 DC book. My world no longer looks the same.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #147
Rocket
Art of Mod

Well it took a while longer than expected but its official;

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2015/02...ing-the-new-52
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #148
PureInvasion

Really Rod...? Expected more from you (ie. actually reading the article you posted)

They're getting rid of the 'New 52' logo on the cover.

The first line: "While the New 52 imprint is going away, the story continuity will remain the same, so this is not another reboot or a return to the pre-New 52 DC Universe."

52 'logo' goes away...current continuity sticks (with 49 ongoing titles) and they're bringing in a few select older books to the modern era.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #149
protector2814
Phoenix

So .... 4 years. - http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-new-dc-comics
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #150
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
So .... 4 years. -
And it's not going back... can we call it a day on this thread yet?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote