Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I haven't read the latest Harley, but I do like her character in New 52 Suicide Squad, where the old Harley seem to be just a side kick for the Joker the new 52 one has a lot of personality and can stand on her own without the need of the Joker to carry her.

I'm not sure if she can carry her own comic though, but I'll give it a shot for a few months to see how it goes...
She had an earlier series that went on for a good while that was based on her Bruce Timm style. She carried that book for 38 issues on her own. Still, I realize I'm in the minority with her new look and version. My oldest Daughter is getting this new version tattooed on her leg. "sigh".
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If you really want to start reading Wonder Woman, I highly recommend starting from the George Perez era and then make a big jump to Phil Jimenez, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone eras (you may want to skip Contagion written by her though) and jump again to the current era of Brian Azzarello. Wonder Woman has a long history of mediocre stories so you have to sift/jump through the various writers to read good stories. My favorite of all time is the George Perez run because that's the Wonder Woman I truly admire and love.

I'm also still reading Batwoman because I'm a big fan of the character. I highly recommend that you read Batwoman: Elegy first by Greg Rucka, great artwork and compelling storytelling. That comic made me an instant fan of Batwoman.

In addition to Batwoman, I'm also enjoying Gail Simone's run of Batgirl. I think Gail has done a great job in writing Barbara Gordon as Batgirl again in which the old DCU, she was Oracle.

Other titles I'm reading are Supergirl which I enjoy, Catwoman, Birds of Prey, and Suicide Squad. I haven't read the new Harley Quinn comic so I'll wait for the trade on that but I reading her old series tbp and the third and final volume will out in the coming months.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
She had an earlier series that went on for a good while that was based on her Bruce Timm style. She carried that book for 38 issues on her own. Still, I realize I'm in the minority with her new look and version. My oldest Daughter is getting this new version tattooed on her leg. "sigh".
ouch...

Glad I don't have kids yet

I didn't know she had her own book in the old universe.. I'll have to see if I can find them..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #14
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I should be getting my copy tomorrow as the damn mail has been delayed to hell with the holidays. I didn't get the #0 issue but am looking forward to at least giving the series a shot
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 AM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

Harley #1 wasn't bad, I defiantly think it's worth giving it a chance to see where it goes..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #16
PureInvasion

after a long delay in receiving my monthly books due to Canada Post being useless, I finally just got around to reading HQ#1

I didn't enjoy it at all. I knew it would be "out there" but it was so far out there that I could barely make sense of it all. I won't be picking up #2 and although it lit up the sales charts this past month, I feel that many will likely follow suit

On a side note...what was with the talking beaver? is that a thing for her in her solo titles from the past (haven't read one before) or something totally new?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #17
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Has anyone ready #0 and #1?
How is the art and story?
I am thinking about subscribing to this series.

Also, I am into female-based comics and enjoy Batman titles.
What DC series would you recommend?
I heard Wonder Woman is great.
Should I get Wonder Woman over Batgirl, Batwoman and Catwoman?
I have Harley Quinn #0 and #1 sitting here unread. I'll probably get to them next week or so. I did page through the #1 Hughes variant to check the condition and the art looks great.

On female comics I have a few waiting to be read.

1. Lazarus - This might be a good one. Rucka did Queen and Country which is great. There is another detective story he did called Stumptown which I haven't picked up yet. I'll get the TPB of that.

2. Rocket Girl - I picked this up for the artwork and premise. The artist was on Detective Comics before whatever conflict happened.

3. Trigger Girl 6 - I read the first small story in a combined comic a while back. It was good enough for me to get the whole actual comic.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #18
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

This New 52 Harley is not the Harley I fell in love with.

And contrary to Harley the New 52 Wonder Woman has been great-it feels like a TV Series-, one of the best titles out there and thankfully it is set apart from the mediocre version of her in Justice League and the forced Superman Wonder Woman.

I highly recommend Wonder Woman.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #19
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I highly recommend Wonder Woman as well. I like Gail Simone's Batgirl too. I haven't read the latest issue of Batwoman post J.H.Williams III. but I did like the supernatural vibe it had when he was writing.

Over at Marvel, I think Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue Deconnick is well-written and the new Black Widow series looks promising after reading the first issue.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

I just finished HQ #1. I thought it was kind of fun. More of an every-day Harley. I will probably give it a few issues and see what develops. The art was bright and easy to follow.

I ordered the Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood trade. If I like it I will definitely look into more Woman Woman reads.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote