Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-12-2022, 05:09 PM   #3311
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalback View Post
I would deff buy a Amber Midthunger statue or bust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
She has a cool look, I could easily see a statue of her getting made.
I just watched the movie - I loved it. Her character was awesome, I'd pay good money for a hyper real statue of her - with the full load out - axe, bow, and the pistol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's a NO from me... Just gimme the Creatures. At the end of the day, the characters are just people who get paid a lot of money to play dress up & make-believe. Not to mention most actors are terrible human beings anyways. (Hypocrites) Not saying the girl is, because I don't know who the heck she is anyway, nor do I care.
Ironically, for me, the least interesting aspect of the movie was the CGI Predator - with his mask off, he looked weird. I don't know if they're trying to "update" his look - but it looked off compared to previous films.

I'm not sure where the rant about actors is coming from - I mean, it's hard to disagree with you, but it feels wrong to single those guys out when you can apply that same description to sports celebrities, artists, musicians and others....yet we still watch sports, listen to music and enjoy art.....
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:09 PM   #3312
Python
Omega Red

So I admit I'm a complete d**k, I ordered the incredibly overpriced little closed mouth bust for the 1/3 that I've complained about the price of so much. I figured I love that head and the 1/3 will be my centrepiece so I wanted the complete thing. I have no desire to order their 1/3 City Hunter thankfully, so they can begrudgingly have my money for the bust. Just FYI, I jumped on the wait list a while ago, it converted and charged before I even knew about it, so if you do ever join a P1 wait list, make sure that you definitely want to commit to buying the item. I maintain that this bust is insanely overpriced, and that the very quick sell out was very much not genuine.

I expect to be judged, I hate myself already lol. This does look fricking cool though right, they better make them good!!

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:30 PM   #3313
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
So I admit I'm a complete d**k, I ordered the incredibly overpriced little closed mouth bust for the 1/3 that I've complained about the price of so much. I figured I love that head and the 1/3 will be my centrepiece so I wanted the complete thing. I have no desire to order their 1/3 City Hunter thankfully, so they can begrudgingly have my money for the bust. Just FYI, I jumped on the wait list a while ago, it converted and charged before I even knew about it, so if you do ever join a P1 wait list, make sure that you definitely want to commit to buying the item. I maintain that this bust is insanely overpriced, and that the very quick sell out was very much not genuine.

I expect to be judged, I hate myself already lol. This does look fricking cool though right, they better make them good!!

YOU DID WHAT????

BEST NEWS I HEARD ALL DAY

It is overpriced. But it's absolutely necessary if you went all-in on the DXS Bonus Version. You made the right move.

This is a wonderful occasion to pose the Dutch Battle Cry gif:

^ i have many favorite scenes in this flick, this is definitely one of them^
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:02 PM   #3314
SDguy

Quote:

I feel personally attacked
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:09 PM   #3315
Mister H
Green Goblin

My favorite Predator statue.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:11 PM   #3316
Blade3327
Nightwing

I was going to say we should stop reposting photos of the prototype, but it's already been burned into my retinas. Same thing happened with the 1/4 Big Game. If the final product is even a smidge below 85% proto quality, I'll know in an instant and won't be able to stop obsessing about it.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:55 AM   #3317
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Personally, I would not risk PO'ing the bust as I'm confident P1 will release a simpler/cheaper version later, just like they did with the Big Chap.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:20 AM   #3318
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
Personally, I would not risk PO'ing the bust as I'm confident P1 will release a simpler/cheaper version later, just like they did with the Big Chap.
Nah no chance. Initial Big Chap ES was extremely limited. This has thousands all across different versions,
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:47 AM   #3319
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
YOU DID WHAT????

BEST NEWS I HEARD ALL DAY

It is overpriced. But it's absolutely necessary if you went all-in on the DXS Bonus Version. You made the right move.

This is a wonderful occasion to pose the Dutch Battle Cry gif:

^ i have many favorite scenes in this flick, this is definitely one of them^

I still think it should have been included in the DX, they know exactly what they are doing. But I do agree that the statue simply wouldn't feel complete to me without it. I don't think I'll even use the included unmasked heads which is a shame. I wanted the Gort mask though, I will switch between that, the movie mask and the closed mouth head. I really hope we see some factory pics for this soon...

They should definitely make that Dutch!!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #3320
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I still think it should have been included in the DX, they know exactly what they are doing. But I do agree that the statue simply wouldn't feel complete to me without it. I don't think I'll even use the included unmasked heads which is a shame. I wanted the Gort mask though, I will switch between that, the movie mask and the closed mouth head. I really hope we see some factory pics for this soon...

They should definitely make that Dutch!!
definitely should've been included with the DXS, yep. The unmasked roaring head and semi open head are both amazing Pred Heads. The torso display bust is such a nice feature. While i got it to complete the full statue, it can be used as an entirely different piece. You can display it on the other side of the room, in an office, and you can keep switching up the heads. I LOVE my Prime1 Batman Batcave torso display busts. I have the Regular head on display with my Batman Statues and its really adds a lot to that display. I think im going to display this Torso Bust i the middle of all of my NECA Predators. Those figures are sooooooo amazing for NECA Action figures. They are all SWS Predators, it's gonna be sick to have this bust in the middle of them, it's going to take that display to the next level as the bust is only about 4 inches shorter than the NECA Predators. I can't wait for this. i expect to receive the bust first as i ordered direct from Prime 1. Gonna be funny getting the best and having to wait another 6-9 months from the statue from Secret Compass
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote