Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #801
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Hi, its not my picture but it was from 2017 when a guy got problem with his Scorpion... maybe this helps you cause I guess Mileena got the same inside the base. Also a good indicator to get inside the base for a repair if needed. But first I also would use another convertor. In germany the 220V works with my 99cent adapter.

Thanks. The converter i have received rave reviews. There are many converters (step down converters) that receive poor reviews (noisy, getting hot etc).

I guess the bottom line is, if that's all that's inside, 2 lines of LED's, then i may as well convert the whole thing to UK standard, and install 2 strips of LED's.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #802
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

By the way... I added a TONGUE to my Mileena and also some blood...
BEFORE FATALITY:

AFTER WINNING *FATALITY*

I also got a video of the custom result ... unfortunately in pictures you can not see the blood effect like it is in hand... but if you are interessted contact me for a video link.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #803
ukshaun
Hercules

I'd only attempt that blood effect if i had a spare portrait
Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #804
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If they've used LED's i doubt it's that, as they are pretty strong. I can't test the adapter as Mileena is the only US product i own that requires plugging in. US plugs don't appear to be fitted with a fuse. Thinking about it, it can only be the adapter or the bulb. I'm not 100% sure, i think i caught a very short 1/100th of a second pulse of light when i first plugged it in. It does sort of point to it being the bulb. I have a feeling it might not be an LED inside, but an old style filament bulb, which blow with ease.
If you decide to crack the base open take pics of it as you go.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #805
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
By the way... I added a TONGUE to my Mileena and also some blood...
BEFORE FATALITY:

AFTER WINNING *FATALITY*

I also got a video of the custom result ... unfortunately in pictures you can not see the blood effect like it is in hand... but if you are interessted contact me for a video link.
Nice.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #806
YourSoulIsMine!
Frackin!

you have so much balls trying that. Looks good
YourSoulIsMine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #807
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourSoulIsMine! View Post
you have so much balls trying that. Looks good
PUNISHER2000 got no fear!!

Thanks collecting friend BUT you are right... there was only one try.

Unfortunately its not allowed to put a link to the video anymore at the forum. But let me know if you want to see the custom better in the video link via PM
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #808
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If they've used LED's i doubt it's that, as they are pretty strong. I can't test the adapter as Mileena is the only US product i own that requires plugging in. US plugs don't appear to be fitted with a fuse. Thinking about it, it can only be the adapter or the bulb. I'm not 100% sure, i think i caught a very short 1/100th of a second pulse of light when i first plugged it in. It does sort of point to it being the bulb. I have a feeling it might not be an LED inside, but an old style filament bulb, which blow with ease.

Ukshaun before you start cutting into your statue, if I may suggest have you considered buying or getting hold of a voltage metre tester they're not that expensive that way you can determine where your fault is if there's a current coming through your power outlet and converter (or maybe too low) and also you can check the statue connections before dismantling it.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #809
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Ukshaun before you start cutting into your statue, if I may suggest have you considered buying or getting hold of a voltage metre tester they're not that expensive that way you can determine where your fault is if there's a current coming through your power outlet and converter (or maybe too low) and also you can check the statue connections before dismantling it.
Good call. I'm in no rush at all to cut into the base.
I'm wondering what could blow, as LED's are quite robust. Maybe the LED driver(s) blew?
i'm wondering if the LED driver(s) are in the base or the black 2 pin US plug?
If US plugs were fitted with a fuse (like they are in the UK) then it might have stopped any damage that might have been caused.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #810
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Hi, its not my picture but it was from 2017 when a guy got problem with his Scorpion... maybe this helps you cause I guess Mileena got the same inside the base. Also a good indicator to get inside the base for a repair if needed. But first I also would use another convertor. In germany the 220V works with my 99cent adapter.

The LED driver(s) for the 2x LED strips, where are they located? in the base or in the plug?