Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #181
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Got my replacement Deadpool Heat Seeker. So frustrated I dont feel like typing out a long detailed post. I will say this to sum it up, Sideshow can eat a dick. Ill update later.
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #182
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Got my replacement Deadpool Heat Seeker. So frustrated I dont feel like typing out a long detailed post. I will say this to sum it up, Sideshow can eat a dick. Ill update later.
That doesn't sound like it went as hoped

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #183
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
That doesn't sound like it went as hoped

Its just frustrating man, I dont understand why they cant have better QC. If I can notice these things within 5 mins out of the box I dont understand how they ship it out. For starters the box was in terrible condition, two rips down the front, every corner except for one was dented in like it was handled roughly so my start to unboxing wasnt exactly positive. The sword this go around was so much better than the first and that was about the only positive.

Real quick here are the bulletpoints:
-Glue spot about the size of a dime on his front left leg
-Belt around his waist is not attached completely and there is a good 1/4 inch gap you can see
-Back harness has paint errors where black was applied over brown, looks sloppy
-One of the pads on his shoulder that makes up the quilt like suit was completely not painted, I just shook my head when I saw it.
-Pouches AGAIN are not applied properly. Theres a decent gap between the 3 when they are supposed to be all lined up in sequence. Whats worse is the gap between the 3 there is an evident spot where glue was over applied so much the pouch is actually raised off the belt and is only being held on by the glue itself.
-Base is AGAIN wobbly, I dont even know what to say.

Messaged them again, waiting to hear what they say. I dont even know what I want to do. I wanna keep it cause its an incredible piece, but damn these QC issues are just so frustrating especially at the asking price. I may just have to send it back and get a refund and but another P1 piece since my Geralt for around the same price is pretty much immaculate.
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:50 AM   #184
HeavyMetalSpike

Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #185
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Real quick here are the bulletpoints:
-Glue spot about the size of a dime on his front left leg
-Belt around his waist is not attached completely and there is a good 1/4 inch gap you can see
-Back harness has paint errors where black was applied over brown, looks sloppy
-One of the pads on his shoulder that makes up the quilt like suit was completely not painted, I just shook my head when I saw it.
-Pouches AGAIN are not applied properly. Theres a decent gap between the 3 when they are supposed to be all lined up in sequence. Whats worse is the gap between the 3 there is an evident spot where glue was over applied so much the pouch is actually raised off the belt and is only being held on by the glue itself.
-Base is AGAIN wobbly, I dont even know what to say.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #186
HeavyMetalSpike

Yeah - now you'll likely get the canned "we've checked several others and they all seem to have similar issues" response.

followed by the offer to return for a refund or accept $20 Sideshow credit

Old 12-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #187
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I rec'd my replacement Huntress cape from sideshow. My original cape didn't have the issues that other people had with the purple overspray so now I have an extra one. This one also doesn't have an issue. Some have complained there replacement one also has issues.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #188
Screwloose
Doh!

I have just started getting into collecting statues. This was my first Sideshow statue. I noticed a few minor things wrong with the statue. One back tooth is chipped and there is a small mark in the paint on his thigh. How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement? Especially the head because its the EX head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	110513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	110514  
Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #189
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwloose View Post
I have just started getting into collecting statues. This was my first Sideshow statue. I noticed a few minor things wrong with the statue. One back tooth is chipped and there is a small mark in the paint on his thigh. How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement? Especially the head because its the EX head.
How far are you zoomed in? The thigh issue could literally be fixed with a pin-hole amount of black paint. Email Sideshow about the portrait. Might be more efficient just asking them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #190
Screwloose
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
How far are you zoomed in? The thigh issue could literally be fixed with a pin-hole amount of black paint. Email Sideshow about the portrait. Might be more efficient just asking them.
I am zoomed in pretty far. The mark looks like it would be the size of a pen tip. I emailed sideshow and there is a 2-3 day wait. Just curious on how hard this process is going to be.
Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote