Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-26-2018, 11:55 PM   #101
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Soooo....do we have any indication of when these will be going up for pre-order? I have the Iron Studios Raptors in the Kitchen on pre-order but am thinking about cancelling it. While the kitchen diorama is quite nice, I feel these Raptors more accurately depict what we see in the movie. The IS Raptors are to....brown IMO. The more I look at these two the more I want them!
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #102
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

At the rate P1 has been releasing preorders, they will probably pop up around the end of November or a bit before, assuming they follow their current preorder schedule. Personally, I would not mind if they waited because out of all of their JP/JW pieces, I feel like these have the most flaws.

I will still order the attacking raptor at some point of course, but both raptors could use a bit more fine tuning. I would rather they wait and nail the small details that really make a difference, then open preorders.

Also, I have to admit that with my current preorders (Blue, Baby, T-Rex waitlist , and Indo) from them, I would not mind if it takes longer. CC is the only option for preorders in the U.S., and there is a limit on how many payment plans any collector can be on. They don't offer a deposit-and-pay-the-rest-on-release option, which I think is actually to their detriment considering the number of pieces going up for order.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #103
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Actually, no... The Horizon kit is accurate only by skin texture, but the body proportions are off, probably because shrinking while taking mold from the original Raptor maquette in static pose. You will find that original Raptor maquette has more muscular legs and base of the tail than Horizon one.
Also, when you say "most accurate", you should try to explain with what are you comparing Prime 1 Raptor? Animatronic or original maquette?
There's huge difference between animatronics and maquettes, and I believe that Julien is trying to bring us what we've seen on the screen and not something behind the scenes
As I said in the post, I was talking about the teeth! Julian has said himself that he used the Horizon version to create the new P1 raptors (since they are the most accurate being cast from the original SWS maquette), he just added a bit more bulk to them to more closely match the animatronic version, which were a little bulkier. But my only complaint with the P1 raptors is the teeth because the back top teeth should be longer. I have spoken to Julien about this myself as we have been friends for many years. I am in no way attacking Julian’s work.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:04 AM   #104
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
As I said in the post, I was talking about the teeth! Julian has said himself that he used the Horizon version to create the new P1 raptors (since they are the most accurate being cast from the original SWS maquette), he just added a bit more bulk to them to more closely match the animatronic version, which were a little bulkier. But my only complaint with the P1 raptors is the teeth because the back top teeth should be longer. I have spoken to Julien about this myself as we have been friends for many years. I am in no way attacking Julian’s work.
I know, VickPS explained me about the teeth, I've must missed that part somewhere, you're right about them, but in general we agree that Horizons are little skinny comparing to animatronic and even the original maquette. Let's hope they will fix them. No doubt he is the best guy for this job

Last edited by Leekson; 10-29-2018 at 09:02 PM. Reason: .
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #105
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
I know, VickPS explained me about the teeth, I've must missed that part somewhere, you're right about them, but in general we agree that Horizons are little skinny comparing to animatronic and even the original maquette. Let's hope they will fix them. No doubt he is the best guy for this job
Absolutely agreed my friend!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #106
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

These raptors are very accurate. Teeth lenght change depending of camera angle and position of the lips ( which as you can see in the movie can go up and down).
So depending of the picture you choose they could look more or less shorter.
P1 is the boss here if they think they need to be changed they ll do it or ask us to do it. They have the final word on this i cannot comment you ll have to ask them directly
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #107
daz1999
Mephisto

Hoping these go up soon , I wonder if any changes were made , might be why they’ve no gone up for preorder, hoping they’ve changed one of the bases and closed the mouth on the stand up version
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #108
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Any news on these guys yet? I assume Chronicle will be stocking them?
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #109
MATthemes
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm also waiting for these to be released. I have the Blue, Rex, Indo and Trike in PO. These are a must have... but the Brachiosaur is om my high prio list together with a Dilophosaur.
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #110
89Batman
Frackin!

Any update on when these go up for pre-order?
89Batman is offline   Reply With Quote