Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #4001
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

If there is one thing I learned about this Hobby that has stuck with me a while now is that its not a necessity but a luxury .... you cant have everything
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #4002
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
If there is one thing I learned about this Hobby that has stuck with me a while now is that its not a necessity but a luxury .... you cant have everything
It's a necessity for me. Statues before life insurance, rent and bills. These things got me hooked for life. Without statues there's no point in living anymore.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #4003
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

aaaaand CBG makes a turn for the darker side.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #4004
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
It's a necessity for me. Statues before life insurance, rent and bills. These things got me hooked for life. Without statues there's no point in living anymore.
You still have those awesome creamed corn can pyramids at work.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 PM   #4005
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I think a lot of people are going to stick with the wait list and the ones who misssed out on it entirely will probably move forward and disregard the regular edition. ..excuse me...I mean the "collector's edition." Just doesn't seem right owning this statue without the smiling portrait ...especially at this price point...unless you're one of the few people who doesn't like a smiling Thanos.

At least that's what I would do.
The smiling portrait should have been the standard. The ex should have been the other hand. I think that would sell them a lot of standard editions...I mean collector's editions.

And if a lot of people feel this way as well...then the stand..err.. collector's edition size will be small as well....?
Spot on mate. I missed this PO living in another country and couldn't even get on waitlist. So I have disregarded the piece completely. To me that smiling face is iconic for Thanos and no interest to display the other. Will just put it towards XM Optimus, Hulkbuster or something else. Why they did that with the smiling face is beyond me. There will be a lot of leftover regular pieces for sure
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:33 PM   #4006
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I went ahead and ordered the reg. I'm bummed to miss out on the exclusive head but I think I'd probably display the reg anyway. It fits better with the details of the armor IMO. I know I'd kick myself if I didn't have this with my Doom throne PF.
Yea, I'm in the same boat dude, I missed out on the EX by about 20 minutes due to my job and I too am bummed by the loss of that switch out head and low ES. I going to stick with the order as I think he'll still look great, if a bit less great, as a counterpoint to the guardians team, but yea, bummed.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:39 PM   #4007
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
true but I dont see reg being around for very long either...
Its an open es. Don't think SS have changed their ways with the regular just because they did a set ex. This is tbd for a reason. They will assess like always on their preorders and then make it accordingly. The regular edition size will be massive. At the end of the day, they are still all about making money
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #4008
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
You still have those awesome creamed corn can pyramids at work.
Yes I think they are on sale right now. I put up the sales tags a couple of days ago.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 PM   #4009
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
aaaaand CBG makes a turn for the darker side.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 PM   #4010
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Do waitlists open again up again in the future or is it completely done once they fill up like in this case?
I don't remember seeing sold put ever open up again in the last few years I've followed ss pretty closely. Ive seen few waitlists go back to sold now even without a new batch, but that's pretty rare too.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote