Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #4981
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Oh and last thing. I will NEVER write again in this forum. No matter what im not going to create a new account. So if someone tries to mimic me, you should know that its not the real forps. Ask him to post pictures of his collection, of the beasts i uploaded in "Is the hobby dying?" thread. Nevertheless, if he somehow finds a way to get my pictures, even then, you should all know that he is a "fake" forps.

My "work" to WAKE UP Sideshow is completed. Sideshow knows the path now. Its the known "forps way". Balance between realism and comic accuracy (with a lead to realism), BIG sculpts, intricate details, complicate paint schemes (not the atrocious, child-ish, toy-ish looking of XM's). Sideshow YOU ARE THE BEST. PERIOD. Stay on this course, the "forps way" cause Prime1 is really catching up. Then give us some LIFE SIZE BUSTS - beasts in order to showcase your talent.

And of course the decision of a small EX for Thanos was the BEST DECISION in Sideshow's history. It brought back its "hype", it drained XM's hype or better said, the hype from every other company. IT WAS A PERFECT MOVE from Sideshow. It destroyed the competition and simultaneously brought the old-good days back.

David (Igo), Will (Harbottle), Mark (Newman), Alex and all the other stuff, thank you for your work and thank you for creating real masterpieces (along with ECC and Prime1 recently).

I would NEVER return to write here. NEVER. Case closed. Stay strong, my fellow geeks (now delete the account, Josh-a-tron. This is what you wanted day 1, second 1)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #4982
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Well that's just great you guys chased forps away.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #4983
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Ok. Delete my account. No problem. No way im going to stay silent when some people are obsessed with an EX head ! They lost an opportunity to get an EX head! SO WHAT ?

My advise for these "collectors" is to re-think some things. Their life is simply 3-4 pages (Sideshow, XM, Prime1) and a statue forum ? Its becoming an obsession.

But i am the jerk and the guys demanding Sideshow to increase the ES for the EX or arguing 4 hours on the phone (i read someone on facebook writing this!) about getting an EX head (a 2nd head, for god sake) are ok.

My final advise. Dont let this hobby to rule your life, dont get in debt for some statues (if you DONT have the money, dont buy) and of course. Do other stuff also. Live your life! My 0,02 cents, fellow geeks..Goodbye, see you somewhere else...
Quote:
Oh and last thing. I will NEVER write again in this forum. No matter what im not going to create a new account. So if someone tries to mimic me, you should know that its not the real forps. Ask him to post pictures of his collection, of the beasts i uploaded in "Is the hobby dying?" thread. Nevertheless, if he somehow finds a way to get my pictures, even then, you should all know that he is a fake

I would NEVER return to write here. NEVER. Case closed.
Man you are truly something lol thanks for making my day
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #4984
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Guys! GUYS !!! Calm down !!! You lost the opportunity to get an EX ? SO WHAT ?

Is your life depending on getting an EX of a Thanos on throne maquette ? If yes, then CLEARLY we are speaking about OCD or some other psychological issues.

CALM DOWN.
Ok, you lost an EX! Some of you remind me of small children, 6-8 years old....NO YOU ARENT ENTITLED to get an EX. Frankly speaking, its a da...n collectible, guys !!! CALM DOWN. Sideshow chose the BEST strategy. THIS was the right strategy. To create a masterpiece following the "forps way" (enormous, full of details, mix of classic and modern, balance between comic accuracy and realism in order not to look like a toy) and then place a SET edition size for the EX!

David (Igo) or Will (Harbottle), dont listen to them.

With 1 statue and 1 move, you simply OBLITERATED XM and its hype. Even the flippers now, are coming back to Sideshow. XM was 100% a hype-company and full of pushers and flippers or even collectors who thought that they could buy 1 statue from XM, keep it for a while and if they dont like it, then simply flip it.

The MADNESS with Thanos simply KILLED XM. ONE MOVE from Sideshow and KO. Now, calm down and be ready for Magneto PFF.

David and Will or Sideshow execs, dont listen to some guys. They are the same guys who didnt have a problem when XM was selling out and some collectors were demanding a bigger ES. In the early days of XM-hype.

If Sideshow made the EX a TBD, they would start cursing against Sideshow (like they do against me, cause i EXPOSED the "behind the curtains" filth in our hobby). Now Sideshow gives us a MASTERPIECE with a set ES, some guys didnt believe to forps (i was SCREAMING, buy this, DAY 1, SECOND 1 it is going to get sold out in minutes), they missed the opportunity and now what....They are bashing Sideshow for making the right decision. Get over it. And behave yourselves. You are adults, not kids, for gods sake.

Sideshow. The decision for Thanos was PERFECT. You simply drained XM's well of hype and now ALL THE COMMUNITY, even flippers, are eager to see and buy your next masterpiece....(please Will and David keep this Thanos as an example, remain in this path, follow the "forps way".. Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You know this guy is actually more annoying than 5 CBGs

Quote:
Really are you so voraciously self serving that you don't see how your posts are not only condescending to the entire board but also detrimental to new members who might find your constant internet shouting abrasive? Amazing.
Agreed.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #4985
ambasah
Red Skull

"Dear valued collector, we f'd up and the sales on the regular version suck balls. So we have decided to cancel your waitlist in a desperate attempt to have you order the regular. keep collecting!"
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #4986
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm all broken up about it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #4987
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
You know this guy is actually more annoying than 5 CBGs
Ouch lol
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #4988
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #4989
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow if what forps said is true, it will be a great day for me. but somehow I doubt that a pompous blowhard like that will stay away for very long, If he dosent have a somewhat captive audience I'd doubt anyone with legs and the ability to walk away would be listening. As far as the EX goes, if it had been a switch out arm with a cosmic cube that lit up instead and came with the 2 portraits for 1200 dollars. Sure I'd still be a little pissed I Dident get the EX, but the smiling portrait is a must for the statue as a whole in my opinion. And for the clearly overpriced amount they're charging for this it should damm well have been included. Just saying!!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #4990
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Re: Forps -- That was the most spectacular self-destruction I've had the pleasure of witnessing.

I agree with you in that we shouldn't encourage Sideshow to increase ES's despite Demand (this is a hobby hinged on exclusivity after all).

Your bold, italicized, highly punctuated, 3rd-person scream posts will be sorely missed.

Your blood-brother CBG will hold down the forp while you're gone for the day.

WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote