Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-24-2018, 12:53 AM   #91
SONICobra
Batman

outstanding bro, thanks for posting. i do agree this is probably the most bang for buck you can get in this hobby, even in the last few years let a lone now. any chance you can give me a measurement of just the figure itself from the top of the base to the top of his head (minus the fin)?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #92
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
outstanding bro, thanks for posting. i do agree this is probably the most bang for buck you can get in this hobby, even in the last few years let a lone now. any chance you can give me a measurement of just the figure itself from the top of the base to the top of his head (minus the fin)?
Yeah he's pretty much 20" on the dot.

Like Guyver 1 he's oversized for 1/4, Suguru is 6.1 in the series so he should be about 18 and half inches.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #93
SONICobra
Batman

right on, thanks bro! your pics and video have pushed me over ill be ordering this. i will be using it for a custom but the quality of it not to mention the price is impossible to resist. i loved the muscle figs as a kid and i pulled up some clips from the shows after i watched your review but i dont know if i could do a whole show lol
Old 12-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #94
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
right on, thanks bro! your pics and video have pushed me over ill be ordering this. i will be using it for a custom but the quality of it not to mention the price is impossible to resist. i loved the muscle figs as a kid and i pulled up some clips from the shows after i watched your review but i dont know if i could do a whole show lol
What are you gonna use him for?

Yes the first maybe 30 episodes of the show are hard going if you don't get the humour ( i loved it lol ) but once you get into the wrestling arcs its fun stuff.....i'd still recommend Ultimate Muscle for people who want a more consistent anime lol.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #95
SONICobra
Batman

been wanting a luther strode statue since i read the first volume, such a cool character design. originally i thought it might be my first piece i do from scratch with the understanding it would take YEARS. this is the perfect base, the overall sculpt is perfect then add in the fact its translucent resin and i basically dont have to paint most of the statue. the pose is going to take a little tweaking and im still not sure what im going to do with the base but im excited about it

ORDERED

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	119557  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #96
SONICobra
Batman

just received this in and i can confirm its amazing, i mean i have no idea how this thing only costs $500 - im guessing the licensing is super cheap? its cool that even though this is a super niche character, they ended up not making a lot and again its not very expensive P1 did not skimp on quality

this looks like a $1000+ statue, especially when you factor in all the switch outs and a full alexandria meat statue as well (which not only is completely solid but also painted very well). meat is even larger than the rocket raccoon pf which is $280

its too bad this is such a niche character because this statue truly does deserve some love. i am using it to make another character but i will be customizing as little as possible to really showcase this beautiful sculpt. if i wasnt so excited about doing this custom i wouldnt mind displaying this as is, i honestly feel a little bad about messing with it. but ill still be displaying alexandria in my studio and will find use for all the awesome switch outs that come with this, the kinnikuman portraits are so so so well done

sculpt - 10/10
paint - 10/10
pose - 10/10
switch outs - 10/10
value - 15/10

anyone on the fence or thinks this statue is cool and could fit in there collection, do it this thing is impressive as hell. this piece has inspired me to check out some of the anime and also hunt down some of the figures i loved as a kid
Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #97
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Robin Mask is incoming!
Old 05-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #98
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Robin is here and he is glorious! We don't have all those swap outs Suguru has or extras ( Suguru was a bargain at $500 and felt so underpriced ) we do still get 3 swap outs heads 2 reg and 1 EX....do i think the EX is necessary, definitely not.

But like Suguru he is chock full of great details and textures but here we have no only the clear resin hyper detailed skin and the textured trunks like Suguru we also have GLOSS from the boots to his armour to his helmet/mask we got lots of glossy black boots, glossy cherry red and vibrant blues in the armour...

He's just great and if the line is over with these 2, hey at least i got these 2!

Lots of pics and video review incoming!
Old 05-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #99
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Couple of Phone pics in his temp space!

And to be re-arranged lol.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #100
SONICobra
Batman

looks like he turned out fantastic, congrats brother!