Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #1311
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
She was a great statue, but the two broken legs seemed like more of a structural design flaw. I just took the refund.

Dont ruin other peoples enjoyment with presumptuous negativity.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:48 AM   #1312
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
He's giving his own personal assessment.
It's just the Internet, he can't ruin any statues for anyone.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:16 AM   #1313
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
She was a great statue, but the two broken legs seemed like more of a structural design flaw. I just took the refund.
Part of me feels like if they had used their normal appropriately sized packaging, rather than the mini me version they actually used for this statue, maybe none of the early statues would’ve arrived broken.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #1314
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Part of me feels like if they had used their normal appropriately sized packaging, rather than the mini me version they actually used for this statue, maybe none of the early statues would’ve arrived broken.
I think thats a fair assesment, however i ordered this statue in late December and it arrived in the small parcel you described. Luckily it arrived undamaged. I feel like that first few shipments had to have some sort of accident or handling maybe. We may never know.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #1315
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I think thats a fair assesment, however i ordered this statue in late December and it arrived in the small parcel you described. Luckily it arrived undamaged. I feel like that first few shipments had to have some sort of accident or handling maybe. We may never know.
That’s possible of course, as other than the first reported batches I haven’t really heard of any more recent cases of broken legs.

I got the regular locally and as far as I can tell it came in pretty much flawlessly, with no obvious breaks.

But that box should’ve been at least twice the size, especially considering the size of Catwoman’s base.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #1316
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Not really presumptuous since I owned the statue. I also said she was great, but all the broken legs with no damage to the boxes at the beginning did point to some issue. I'm glad people who received her later didn't seem to suffer the same issue. If I hadn't run out of space, I may have reordered since newer shipments didn't have the problem.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #1317
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Not really presumptuous since I owned the statue. I also said she was great, but all the broken legs with no damage to the boxes at the beginning did point to some issue. I'm glad people who received her later didn't seem to suffer the same issue. If I hadn't run out of space, I may have reordered since newer shipments didn't have the problem.
Idk if its sold out yet, but you may want to reconsider. I kinda waited for a while till the noise from receiving damaged pieces died down and i got (lucky). Not trying to tell you what/how to collect but space is an issue for myself as well but i frequently "rotate" statues.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:59 PM   #1318
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

@Nug I got mine a few months after leg-gate through Sideshow. It still came in the small box but had no damage. I was nervous but it all worked out.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #1319
built2shred
Phoenix

I ordered this statue right before the outbreak of the Coronovirus but then cancelled after they emailed me saying there would be delays in shipping. They refunded my money weeks ago so I figure it was over with. But today I just received the Catwoman statue from Prime 1, I was curious and inspected the statue. The right boot was very loose and would rotate back and forth, also the little tab on the top of her boot above the laces broke off.

You can see where the boot broke free from her leg, although if you turn it all the way back to where it's suppose to be you don't see any damage as everything lines up. I'd be tempted to keep it if they sold it to me for a big discount. I emailed them this afternoon, see what they say.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #1320
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I ordered this statue right before the outbreak of the Coronovirus but then cancelled after they emailed me saying there would be delays in shipping. They refunded my money weeks ago so I figure it was over with. But today I just received the Catwoman statue from Prime 1, I was curious and inspected the statue. The right boot was very loose and would rotate back and forth, also the little tab on the top of her boot above the laces broke off.

You can see where the boot broke free from her leg, although if you turn it all the way back to where it's suppose to be you don't see any damage as everything lines up. I'd be tempted to keep it if they sold it to me for a big discount. I emailed them this afternoon, see what they say.
You got the statue for free?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote