Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arrow Boston Show - review and pics

Arrived at the show at just after 7 a.m. and was about 15th in line. A little brisk out there with the wind but not too bad anc chatted with several guys in line about who was coming and waiting in more lines once we got into the show.

Doors opened at 10 sharp and we made out way obtaining out wristbands (they could have come out and taken our tickets early and given out wristbands) but maybe they will learn that lesson. Hit the artist area and got on one list but did not make the Adam Hughes' list (not that I would have been picked anyway).....but I did score a few things from AH! (see below).

Made my way to several of the artits (did not bother with JSC or Quitely...lines were too long). I always wanted to try and get a jam piece and was able to get it going with Tim Sale Batman followed by Adam Hughes Catwoman, then onto Matt Wagner for Two-Face, then Art Adams for Clay-Face.....then waited for Greg Capullo who was a really nice guy for a quick Batman and some good conversation...onto Darwyn Cooke (who was not sketching but did do a nice Catwoman for me)...next up was JG Jones who did a killer joker (painted in color)....last was Jack Purcell who did a really nice Batman.

In-between I was checking out tables looking for books and statues. I made several inquiries and did see a few killer books but did not make any deals of note. Teddy at Superworld had some really nice books including what looked to be a VF Superman #76 (bit had water damage on the bc)....Ted also told me that he sold prior to the show opening a FF #1 cgc 7.0 for $18K as well as a DD #1 (grade unknown and not sure for how much)..saw some killer original art at Moy/Bechera's area...some Steranko artwork, great covers and I believe the OA to FF #72...I did not ask about it so I assumed it was the original cover.
Said hi to Andy at Golden Age and Bob at Highgrade (and comicartfan..hi Mike). headed over to the cgc guys and dropped off a few books for SS.

Saw fellow board member pmpknface (Jamie) grabbing several signatures from writers/artists....hi jamie!

more in next post....

gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arrow

Here are a few pics of the folks that were dressed up (I did not bother wasting my time taking pics of the numerous folks who should not have dressed up let alone left their house).

this CW was pretty hot...

Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arrow

In addition to the Batman themed jam, I also got this done on an ASM #36....Tim Sale (Spidey), Adam Hughes (Black Cat) and Matt Wagner (Vulture).

Here are a few shots of the artists at work and a few of AH! signing a few statue bases and prints....

AH!

Wagner

Cooke

Sale

Show was alot of fun and I did pick up a few other goodies and will post those soon. Not going back tomorrow..might try and get in 18. It is a job waiting in lines and lugging around a bag all day.

Show was well attended and did not too many problems...Plenty of room to move around. Oh I alos did not get in the Neal Adams line after I was told he would charge $50+ for a quick head sketch for the Batman jam......no thanks Neal.

Hope everyone had a fun time!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
ratchet
Mandarin

How much did each artist ask for to include on the jam?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
no charge for anything....
Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
I hope most of them were free...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #7
ratchet
Mandarin

Wow - that's super cool!

How were the lines inside?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Wow - that's super cool!

How were the lines inside?
J Scott....fuggetaboutit....

Quitely....long

Neal Adams..was like 10-20 all day it seemed.

Everyone else was not bad at all..you could walk right up to Adam Hughes after his sketch list was filled. Art Adams did not have a big line, Darwyn Cook either.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #9
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
J Scott....fuggetaboutit....

Quitely....long

Neal Adams..was like 10-20 all day it seemed.

Everyone else was not bad at all..you could walk right up to Adam Hughes after his sketch list was filled. Art Adams did not have a big line, Darwyn Cook either.
Good to hear - I am going tomorrow and Cambell and Quitely are not on my list of people to see! Woo Hoo!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #10
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

a few more goodies from the show.....got this print from Greg Capullo. He gave one to everyone that he met at his table (went up to 200). He signed each one.

Also got Adam Hughes to put his AH! on this poster...