Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #121
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
This statue seems to be the same size as Juggernaut maq and comes with more add-ons and is priced $300 less than the EX version, so price is high but much more agreeable.
*over $400 less
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #122
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
This statue seems to be the same size as Juggernaut maq and comes with more add-ons and is priced $300 less than the EX version, so price is high but much more agreeable.
Yes no doubt, I know juggernaut is much more popular, but I like this statues look a lot more
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #123
Mister Ski
The Avengers

I'm sure Marvel license is what contributes to the higher price point.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:45 PM   #124
Tarksis
Justice League

Unboxing video was just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYcMKR7OkVo
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #125
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

He looks really well done.

I saw a lot of people pissed off that Poxxils top half is Vinyl....i can't wait for them to react to this because i'm pretty sure he's all fibreglass with the base being resin and the elements being Vinyl/PVC.

Again it makes sense to me because of the pose and the elements were listed form day one on the order page....but i expect a little rage as usual lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #126
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

DGK, I'm glad Poxxil is light, because the one leg holding him up is pretty small, it actually scared me putting his leg in the slot, it was super tight and I thought I was gonna break it off, luckily it didnt, the statue still looks great and Odium based off the pictures looks great as well, I would rather him be light than lean or break apart, I'm sure people have there reasons, but the weight means nothing to me
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #127
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
DGK, I'm glad Poxxil is light, because the one leg holding him up is pretty small, it actually scared me putting his leg in the slot, it was super tight and I thought I was gonna break it off, luckily it didnt, the statue still looks great and Odium based off the pictures looks great as well, I would rather him be light than lean or break apart, I'm sure people have there reasons, but the weight means nothing to me
Statues with legs like that could easily be reinforced with metal and polystone done right is not supposed to lean. However with PVC it's actually the opposite, PVC does lean overtime (and degrade). More modern usage of it hopefully does not but only time will tell. Older anime figures however tend to have developed a lot of problems and they tend to provide supports for bits that hang off too much (even newer ones) because otherwise they would lean. So what you are hoping will help this statue in the long run will more likely hurt it....
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:10 PM   #128
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow this statue is nuts. Freaking awesome.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #129
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Statues with legs like that could easily be reinforced with metal and polystone done right is not supposed to lean. However with PVC it's actually the opposite, PVC does lean overtime (and degrade). More modern usage of it hopefully does not but only time will tell. Older anime figures however tend to have developed a lot of problems and they tend to provide supports for bits that hang off too much (even newer ones) because otherwise they would lean. So what you are hoping will help this statue in the long run will more likely hurt it....
Poxxil is all polystone from the waist down and i wouldn't be surprised if there was a metal rod running through that leg too.

If he was all polystone then there would be problems imo, because that 1 chicken leg supporting a solid polystone body would lead to trouble.

That 1 solid leg supporting a vinyl body makes much more sense. SS used vinyl is a smart way with him.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:34 PM   #130
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Poxxil is all polystone from the waist down and i wouldn't be surprised if there was a metal rod running through that leg too.

If he was all polystone then there would be problems imo, because that 1 chicken leg supporting a solid polystone body would lead to trouble.

That 1 solid leg supporting a vinyl body makes much more sense. SS used vinyl is a smart way with him.
If it's vinyl I'm not sure as I don't really know how well vinyl holds up. I only have a couple vinyl figures and never really looked into them. For PVC even if it's just the top half some of that could easily stop drooping as time goes on if the PVC of today is of a similar quality of just a decade or so ago (I keep hearing it isn't, but who really knows that talks :P). Polystone is pretty strong when done right, but support should be added just in case (especially as the factories skimp as much as they can ;p)
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote